cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

95 days is 95 days. also can be 3 months and 4 days. I cannot believe it!

moonmen17
1 5 413

Well I think for me at 95 days the hardest part is to not become complacent and do something stupid and try and pick up a cigarette.  No way do I want to and throw away all the work I have done to this point to quit.  At 95 days I have now saved $475.00 which is a lot of loot at $5.00/pack and a pack a day habit that I had.  It was really nice when I had quit for 4 days and went to see my smoking cessation therapist at that point and I was all smiles.   It has been unbelievable for me to quit drinking and smoking up to today and it has been worth it.  I had wanted to quit the second after I had bought my first pack of cigarettes in 15 years in 2009 and now I have quit for over 3 months.  Just do not want to take this time for granted and I am grateful to have been able to quit so far.  I don't like to say or think that I have quit and I would rather think that I am quitting and that it is an ongoing process at this point.  I walk each day, take vitamins which affect the pleasure center of the brain to help with withdrawals and journal.  I have an aquarium with 5 fish which helps lower my blood pressure and they keep me company too.  I have anxiety issues since I have PTSD but I don't try to make that stuff worse by smoking and I am grateful to be stopped for 95 days.  This website has also really helped me with your comments after I have posted a blog and I really appreciate it.  Thanks.

5 Comments