cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

900 days today!

schwack
0 6 13

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the well wishes on 900 days!  It feels wonderful to have been able to make my quit stick and to remain committed for so long!  The great thing is that it becomes less work and more natural as time goes by.  I saw someone here post a blog earlier about having 9 days today!  Wow!  Really takes me back to the beginning of my quit.  There are SO many very good people here, people that really, truly care about you.  Sometimes the love is tough love, sometimes its hand holding, but more often than not its what most quitters and winners need, unconditional support.

To those of you who are new, this website and the people are on it are truly special individuals.  The folks at EX are something special too; they work very hard to keep this site up and running, successful and free, just like our quits.  Just makes me smile and think pleasant thoughts when I soak in everything good becomeanex.org has to offer.

Quitting smoking is a lot like learning to ride a bicycle; once you learn that pedaling gives you the momentum to keep riding, you enjoy the rush and keep on pedaling.  If you're new, don't give up.  Don't ever give up.  For me, trying to quit was my worst enemy for so long, until I learned here how to make it my best friend.  When I took a stand for me, made a decision, and stuck with it, I was able to accomplish some damn remarkable things.  Today I can say proudly I've overcome a lot of things since I quit smoking.

My best to all the friends I've made on here.  So glad to see you all still doing such great work.  My career and life has not left me with as much time to be here, but I think sometimes you just know when its time to step back.  To those who are new- grab on to these old timers, listen and learn.  Keep it really simple, and just remember, Not One Puff Ever.

- schwack

6 Comments