cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

900 Days!

YoungAtHeart
0 24 77

Wow - this is amazing to me!  If I could do this - EVERYONE can.   Smoking now only enters my mind when I encounter an old trigger that I haven't gotten through much.   I HATE to shop and only go to a mall  if there is a present I have to go there to find.  I don't think I have actually been IN a mall since probably last Christmas season.   I was shopping and lugging, and overheated, and tired, and hungry and hating every minute of it.....and I thought..........maybe time for a cigarette break?  Then I actually laughed out loud!  The addiction stays with you, but it is a fleeting thought, nothing more!

I thought it might be helpful to the newly quit to read one of my early blogs (2 weeks).  I am living proof that all of us who have been successful have been through what you are going through:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2012/07/19/come-on

Take heart!  It is not easy at times, but it is SO doable!

Just keep adding those days.  Freedom really IS grand!

Nancy

24 Comments
MarilynH

You are a true inspiration to each one of us,  ( CONGRATULATIONS ) 900 DOF.

smorgy8513

You have always "been there" for me and anyone else that needs an encouraging word or a knuckle rap on the head.

So, today I get to tell you something that I should say to you more often.

1) Congrats on a great anniversary

2)

I appreciate you

ShawnP

and in just 100 days, you will be entering the quads!!!! Can't wait for you to join us!!

kshields59

Congrats!!!! On your great anniversary. I too do not like going at the mall this time of yr. too much hussle and bussle, haha. Glad you are still going on strong, keep up the great work. LOL (Lots Of Love)........Kelly

Barbara145

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 900 days!!  You show us how it is done.  Merry Christmas Nancy!!  I know you are grateful.

moody_9-18-13

Nancy, you are one amazing lady. I wish you many, many more days to celebrate freedom! Congratulations on reaching 900 days! Merry Christmas and best wishes for a wonderful New Year. 

Hugs,

Moody

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratilations Nancy!

Storm.3.1.14

CONGRATULATIONS ON 900 DAYS!!!! We're all so fortunate to have you here!

Thanks for demonstrating to us that intense flashbacks are NORMAL, but that these CAN be swept aside with a chuckle and a shake of the head. It's empowering to hear an esteemed Elder speak the human truth. THANK YOU!

HAVE A WONDERFUL 900th!!!

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, Nancy and thank you for always being there for the rest of us, no matter what we are going through...laughing and crying with us, showing us the way. Thank you for being such an incredible inspiration and EXample! Love, Ellen

Magstoyou

Congratulations Nancy on 900 Days!!!

So happy for you-WTG

You have been such an inspiration to the site.

Mag523DOF

JRC

A huge congratulations on 900 days and a heartfelt thank you for your help and inspiration!!

Jennifer-Quit

We are so very blessed to have you here as a member of this community.  Thank you for your service here and congratulations on a job well done!

Giulia

Keep on shining that beautiful light of "I did it so can you!" to illumine the path of all who travel.  Freedom is indeed GRAND. 

bethso

Congratulations on 900 days!  That is just amazing!!!  Thanks also for sharing your early post to illustrate this journey is doable!  You are a great inspiration!!  Thank you and congrats again.

johio

That is truly awesome and so are you

annb
Beautiful Nancy, Congrats Amazing Lady and thank you for staying here to guide us!!!! Big (((HUG))) Yay 900!!!! Celebrate!!!
Mrs.Rum

Wow!  900 days is amazing!  I'm going to get there!!!

We're 300 days apart.  I notice that I'm at 600 days today myself.  🙂

lois2

I am so proud of you, congrats on 900 days,    lois

Strudel

Thanks Nancy! Congrats on 900 days!

nanawendy

Congratulations Nancy, 900 days is a hugh milestone. 

Keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

GreenThumb3

Awesome congrats on 900 days

freeneasy

Way to go Nancy! Closing in on the QUAD SQUAD! BIG CONGRATS!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

900 days now thats what Im talking about,woohoo!!!  You are such a special lady and we are so blessed to have you with us.  I cannot post pictures anymore but this right here XX is 900 CHOCOLATE kisses for you.

xoxo

Congratulations

Jackie

joanne47

900 Days is just an awesome number! You are such an inspiration. I am glad you shared your fleeting thought of smoking, it helps to know that it's normal and we say, "I don't do that anymore". 🙂

May you have a Blessed and beautiful Holiday!

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.