cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

90 Days Today‼️

tracy0924
8 30 249

Good morning everybody! Just a note to say hello and that I am kicking butt at 90 days! Today I hit my three months in time for a Christmas present to myself. What a great gift! The GIFT OF LIFE. I really didn’t think that I was going to be able to quit smoking again. Yes I have quit for periods of time in the past, some long and some short, but over the last year I’ve tried several times and it just never stuck. With anxiety disorder and depression, smoking was always a crutch that I went to when things were bad. But I came to EX and followed the advice of those who have gone before me. I won’t ever say that it was easy, because it wasn’t. It still isn’t sometimes, but I’ve done it and I am so proud of myself and happy to be free from those nasty cancer sticks and the nasty stinking smell that followed me no matter how much body spray or mouthwash that I used. Happy to be free of that hacking cough that I just couldn’t shake. And happy not to have to sneak somewhere to smoke a cigarette since most people I know didn’t know that I smoked. Or at least that’s what I told myself! I think the smell gives you away every time!

I don’t think I ever realized that smoking was an addiction. I just thought of it as a bad habit that I needed to break. But EX taught me differently. And all of the wonderful members, those have been here for years and those just starting their quits have been so supportive! I still spend a lot of time on the site, Reading posts almost daily and definitely taking the daily pledge every day. Interacting with other EXers who have become my friends through this journey. And trying to give support and advice in the best way I can to help those who are just beginning their quits.

I did have another bump in the road on Sunday, literally. I took a bad fall after having a few drinks and ended up in the ER with 4 stitches in the back of my head and a nasty black eye. Those are Christmas presents that I didn’t need! I had actually quit drinking for almost 4 years because of medication‘s that I’m on, but had started again occasionally because my roommate and my nephew who was living with me at the time were drinking. Now I think it is maybe time to go back to quitting that again as well! That addict brain of mine has me drinking too much too often. Because of my balance and other issues due to my muscular dystrophy it just doesn’t agree with me😞. And now that my roommate has quit smoking and drinking it will be easier! If anyone can point me to advice on that aspect it would be appreciated. I know a few of you have been through that as well.

Anyway, not to get sidetracked, this is a celebration of 90 days of non-smoking life for me! I am so happy to be here and I know that I will never go back. Yes I still get craves now and then, but they don’t last long and they are easily avoided! My routines are still different, but I’m able to go out and spend time on my back porch without smoking now. Enjoying my plants and all the bird activity in my yard! I just can’t stay inside for long!

I want to send out a big Thank You to all who have helped in my journey. No it is not over yet but it is moving along quite nicely! Thank you to the elders to have advice to give from years of experience and to the newbies alongside me and coming along behind me who have been very supportive also! To all of my friends on EX who I love and appreciate! Onward to four months and Merry Christmas to everyone!🤗🤗💕💕

Tracy 90DOF‼️

Tags (1)
30 Comments
About the Author
I am a 59 year old single female who loves animals, working in my yard and photography. I currently have 7 animals: 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 parrots. I love the outdoors, especially the ocean, and like to get outside as often as possible. I became very sick In 2017 and I was diagnosed with Myofibrillar Myopathy, a rare form of muscular dystrophy, in 2018, and had two major spinal surgeries to correct neuromuscular scoliosis, which was causing a 75° curve in my lumbar spine, in 2019. I then had my left knee replaced in 2020 (my right one had been replaced in 2016). So I have been through a lot of surgeries in the last six years. Not to mention several that came before that. I am on a quest to get healthier and I’m currently on a weight loss journey to lose 55lbs, which I’ve already lost 40lbs. I want to quit smoking while I am on my weight loss program so that I don’t gain weight during the quit! I’ve quit smoking several times in my life for over 2 years, and one time for 10 years! This time I want to quit for good! I know I can do it! It is just going to take willpower and the right state of mind. I’m hoping that this program and support group can help me achieve that! From what I have seen so far of the group, I want to remain a long-term member, and be able to share my advice and story 10 years down the road! I am finding that helping others quit, helps me stay quit!!