Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

90 Days = 3 months

Angelsyaya
7 10 203

Happy Wednesday!!!

Since I've hit this big milestone for me, thought I'd share what has worked so far:

When you're mad:  Scream at the top of your lungs, punch a pillow, turn the music up as loud as you can stand and sing or dance, call a friend who understands

When you're sad: Call a friend, cry, get some retail therapy, go for a walk, talk to God or a higher power, get spiritual, do some yoga or meditation.

When you're hungry: Eat, try not to overdo it on the bad stuff, but a treat occasionally (and in the beginning daily) is totally acceptable.  Brush your teeth as many times a day as you want.  I found STARBURSTS and Starburst gum to be amazing quit buddies.  Sunflower seeds, pistachios, beef jerky, DRINK ALOT OF ICE COLD WATER

When you're tired: Take a nap, take a bath with candles and good scented lotions, go to bed, who cares what time it is, get super comfy and just rest, however that looks for you.

When you're bored: RETAIL THERAPY, even go to the Dollar Store, I swear it helps.   Start a new beauty routine.  Clean out a drawer, a closet, play a game on your phone, do a puzzle, crank the tunes and dance, or do absolutely nothing if you have no energy or motivation, grab a book, watch a show, go for a drive, roll down the windows and crank up the radio, go visit a friend, a flower garden, a farmers market, just do something no matter how trivial it may seem.

and last, but definitely not least, JUST DONT SMOKE and you will feel and smell fabulous, I know I do.

Stacy, 90days, not one puff ever again, no matter what!!!  xoxo

Tags (1)
10 Comments
About the Author
i Started smoking when I was 12. My parents were young and divorced. I would stay with my Dad in California for a month every summer. He caught me smoking and instead of punishment, he bought me a carton of cigarettes and said, if you're going to smoke, you're going to do it in front of me. He then proceeded to call my Mom and tell her. Needless to say, not to be outdone by Dad, I arrived home to a carton of cigarettes waiting for me in the car. Fast forward all of these years later and they are the two that harp on me the most about quitting. IRONIC don'tcha think. LOL 59, this is probably my 20th quit, but this one has to stick. Stage 4 COPD, 30% lung function and 229% air trappings. Been smoking since I was 12. Doctor said, QUIT NOW, or you'll be dead in 10 years. BIG MOTIVATOR. DO NOT FORGET THIS.