cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

90 BIG ONES

Augustus44
6 12 169

I have made it 90 days today, and as I was getting some gas at Sam's Club I decided to go in the store and look around. Sometimes I buy on impulse, and regret it later--but thank God for returns ( particularly to Amazon). Anyway, I was thinking about Thanksgiving and how my trip to CT  to see my sister is going to be a tough one--then, I walked by a Surround Sound System and ooooooooH I sprung for it and hooked it up this afternoon. Wonderful clear sound for my hearing aid ears.

I'm telling you this because I bought it with cigarette money, just a bit of it ($149.00). That's a pile of cigarettes not bought or smoked. I am so pleased that I bought the system and I hope I will be reminded of that when I'm traveling the gauntlet next week. It really does spook me. I hope that thinking about what I can buy, along with feeling so much better in the head, will get me through.  

12 Comments
About the Author
I am a writer, actually a playwright, who is oddly enough, converting one of my plays into a novel. I love to play the guitar and I am part of a group ( The Pine Hill Boys). I'm also an avid golfer, fly fisherman, and cross country skier. I have two Master's Degrees--one in American Studies, and the other in Administration/Supervision. I was in education for many years. I'm still an adjunct ( for fun) at a community college. Love it.