cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

9 Hours Smoke Free

princessdeb
4 12 129

I made it through my biggest trigger....when I first wake up in the morning.  The craving was so strong I immediately popped a nicotine lozenge in my mouth.  I only have 1 bottle of the 2mg lozenges left.  I've only.had 1 today....Out of town today with my honey, Michael...who quit 5 years ago this month.  He is my biggest supporter. I'm keeping a big cup of ice water with me at all times.

I really don't want to use anymore lozenges.  I'm trying my hardest today. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic smoke free day.

Tags (1)
12 Comments
indingrl

Yahoooooooooo CONGRATS 9 hours - gentle hug

princessdeb

indingrl Thank you for the gentle hug.  I'm staying near here all day!

Chuck-2-20-2011

Soon your nine hours will be months!! Stay safe today and CONGRATULATIONS on nine hours. Looking forward to hearing of day two. 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

YoungAtHeart

Good idea to use those lozenges as a very last resort.  Hope you are changing up your routines and getting some exercise in your day!  Good, too, on the water!

You can do this - keep going!

Nancy

princessdeb

YoungAtHeart  Nancy...I've change up.my lifestyle eating clean foods...nothing processed, no sugar, just healthy food.  I also recently started working out in the gym.  I have to admit lately i just wanted to sit and smoke instead of going to the gym.  Starting Monday i will be a daily gym lady..

Mandolinrain

Wonderful! So good to see you again!

sweetplt

Way to Go...princessdeb ~ Colleen 257 DOF 

PrimeNumberJD

Well over 9 hours by now, Great job! 

You sound mixed, excited and surprised! Keep that, surprise yourself getting through each trigger and get excited when you do! 

Barbscloud

That's great!   Have a lovely Sunday.

Barb

Christine13

Good for you 9 hours smoke free is great!!

elvan

You sound WONDERFUL.  I worried about that morning cigarette too...but I found out that if I got up and got myself some green tea (I didn't drink coffee for a few weeks), I fed the cats, and then I immediately got on EX.  In fact, I was late to work a couple of times when I got on the site and kept reading and could not stop.  It really became my new routine.

It is going to get easier, you are doing all the right things.  

Ellen

Dominque

One second at a time. 

About the Author
I'm a retired Business Manager and Make-Up Artist for Estee Lauder Cosmetics. I love living near the beach in beautiful, sunny San Diego, California. I've smoked for 45 years...I remember the first time like it was yesterday. I was in 8th grade...13 years old...a circle of about 6 girls. One of the girls had a cigarette from her brother. We passed it around and I remember coughing but tried it again the 2nd time around. I smoked to be cool when I was in high school. Smoked at parties and the weekends. After I graduated and lived on my own, I smoked a pack a day....everyday until yesterday...6/8/18. I'm here because I want to quit more than anything. I'm 60 years old and pushing my luck! I want to live healthy for 20 more years. I love life!!!