cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

9 Days

aidensmom2
0 4 52

9 days sounds like such a short period of time; when using it to describe how long it's been since my last cigarette, it seems like an eternity.  I can't believe I'm a non-smoker.  I did it!  No gum, no patch, no nervous breakdowns (well, maybe a little one).  I did it out of sheer will power.  Lots of temptation but I never faltered.  My sense of smell is slowly returning to me.  I haven't gained any noticeable weight, but it is amazing how much better food tastes now.  I never thought I could do it on my own.  Thanks to the Ex community for your blogs that kept me inspired for those trying first days.  I know my journey is never-ending, but I feel I have what it takes to stay smoke free forever.  You know how many vacations I can afford now that I'm not spending $75 a week on cigarettes?!?

4 Comments
molzep

Congrats on day 9 - you sound like you've got a great quit going!

I've decided that I should start putting the money I save into my retirement - after all I'm gonna need more now!

Francis
Congrats!!!:) it is a lot of money when we start adding it together!! Already on day 5 and tjinking what I can do with all that money!:) good luck and congrats again!
blc

Keep up the great work. Day 14 for me. Not an easy journey, but this is one we are all going on together. I feel the same way as far as the time goes. The longest i went without a cig was 7 days. Cold Turkey seems to be the best bet for me. Your sense of taste ans smell will be 1000 times better.  Have a great SMOKE FREE night.

Bobbi

judy41

A bunch - and you'll be smelling good, feeling good and breathing good on those vacations!  WAY TO GO!