cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

85 Days and still encountering "firsts"

shelley5
0 12 69

Thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still breathing. Things have settled down again with teen son. Basically its in a holding pattern. Nothing has changed but he is avoiding me and I'm avoiding him...much like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand. if you ignore it...it can't possilby still be there, lol 

ok well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My resolve has been solidified through all this that I have to change some things in my life. This week Our weather finally turned for the better here...not great but compared to what we have had ...I'll take it!! So have used that to get outside and start a little yard work . not only the spring stuff needs to be done but much of the fall stuff still needed to be done as I usually do that stuff myself but when fall yard work rolled around I was laid up post surgical from my ankle surgery and was NO WAY i was getting anything done

While it felt good to get outside and work in the yard...I also hit that preverbal brick wall of wanting to sit on the patio ...in the sunshine....and have that smoke break. WOW that one really surprised me and slapped me along side the head. It was really difficult crave to get through as it also comes with pleasant memories of patio time ...sunshine , warm weather , BBQ's and all that goes with it...it wasn't negative copped up smoking out of bordedom or stress memories.

I got through it. This coming week I will make the 3 month milestone. I can honestly say its not been easy by any stretch and there have been a few days when it would have been REALLY easy to resort back to my old ways of just giving up .... But my life has been about giving in for way too long.. my self esteem is totally shoot and I'm just tired of living that way  .. this time there is no going back ... Heard someone this week say . "Its hard to more forward in your life if your always lookking in the rear view mirror" ...so true!!

12 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Good for you!

LouiseR
Shelley you are doing awesome. I am so happy and proud of you. Change isnt always easy, but when you change your attitude and start putting yourself first, because you are so worth it, and stop letting people beat you down and stay on your path, well then friend, this is were freedom is. Keep looking and moving forward!
moody_9-18-13

You're doing this and I'm so proud of you! You're coming up on 3 months...that is a major milestone and I hope you will treat yourself to a reward because you really deserve it!

Keep moving forward.

Magstoyou

Congrats on 85days Shelly

WTG!!! your doing great. 

You will have a lot of firsts and they will get easier and easier!!!

Stay strong and keep going forward!!!

Mag243days

Polynha

Congratulations on 85 days! You will have some more "firsts" but they will be less and less intense, it will get better and better as time goes by! Stay strong! 

constanceclum

Congradulations Shelley. Good to hear from you.

Connie

Chris265

They say it takes two sets of seasons to hit all your triggers.  I rarely drink soda.  But when I mowed my lawn I would always stand on the deck after I was done with a cigarette and a small soda and admire the newly mowed lawn.   Now I just drink the soda – and it’s OK.

YoungAtHeart

I am very proud of you! 

Nancy

elvan

Good job, I baked this weekend and that was always one of my triggers, you know while it was in the oven or rising or whatever,  I would take a break.  It would really be easy to fall back if the sickorettes were sitting right there.  Congratulations on 85 days! Outstanding.

Strudel

No going back - perfect! Congrats to you! 

cheryl_1-1-14

Good for you Shelley!!  You don't take crap from anyone anymore, especially the nicodemon.  You stood up to him and demanded your respect.  Hopefully you can do that in every aspect of your life.  You deserve it.  Congrats on 85 smoke free days.

cspelliott

congrats on day 85.. just keep on going!