cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

800 days today! How sweet it is!

schwack
0 7 20

I thought that was pretty cool. Of course, any day where I don't smoke is a day worth celebrating! Having these milestones really helps to reiterate to me that what I am doing really is worth it. Being able to exercise without getting winded. Being able to breathe deeply without coughing up a lung. Being able to smell things, taste things I couldn't before. And MOST importantly, being able to get through the most difficult of times without picking up a cigarette. If you're new, one of the tougher concepts to get is that quitting smoking actually reduces your stress levels, it doesn't increase it. I sure as hell don't miss going out to a restaurant to eat and being more concerned with how many smokes I can get in rather than what's on the menu; leaving my wife or friend sitting inside waiting on me, only to return smelling like a dirty ashtray. So glad those days are long gone. 800 days today! Makes me want to jump up and shout! I'll settle for a job interview today, knowing I'll go in there not stressing and not stinking!

Cheers!

7 Comments