cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

8 years, I never dared to believe it could happen.

Mrs.Rum
7 9 138

May 1 was 8 years quit for me. But I remember the early days. The anxiety. The fear. The cravings. Conversations with myself. So many conversations. Waiting for bedtime every day just to make it another day. No Man’s Land. 

But I was committed without reservation. Every time I told myself no to a smoke, I reminded myself that I was giving myself what I’d wanted: to be a non-smoker.  I refused to give up. 

Commit. Take no prisoners. Do not allow yourself to talk yourself into a bad choice. Take the days as they come, celebrate every step forward and rejoice in the victories, no matter how small. Small steps lead to great things. Hang in there. 

Mrs. Rum

9 Comments
MarilynH

A super congrats @Mrs.Rum on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 8 precious Smokefree years and counting YAY for each and every YEAR WON! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

6179d08adbde7edf72353f1ab6360437.jpg

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

Time Is The Healer!

JimTaddeo

CONGRATULATIONS Mrs. Rum! Eight years is absolutely AWESOME!

Great quit!

And I agree, time IS the healer, we NEED to take the time to heal.....

Papa

Barbara145

Hi Mrs Rum.  I remember you.  It will be 8 years for me on October 11th.  Congratulations on your successful journey to the non-smoking side.  I love it too. 

RainbowHeart

Congratulations. Great blog and great quit 🙂

sweetplt

Whoo hoo @Mrs.Rum to 8 years of Freedom...so happy you came to the site to celebrate...Commitment is the Key...and Hard work...

Wishing you the best...Colleen 884 DOF  

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations!  May 1 was 7 years for me.  I remember you and am thankful for your advise and encouragement.  It is nice to hear from you!

Barbscloud

@Mrs.Rum Congrats on a fabulous 8 years.  Thanks for sharing your success with other quitters.

Barb

Strudel

Great to see you! Congrats on 8 years!