cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

8 weeks

nofumarnomas
5 6 208

The struggle continues but things getting better by the day. Went out and celebrated the big 62 with a prime rib dinner on Friday. A cigarette always tasted so good after a great meal. Thankfully my friend Carol keeps me in check and she likes not kissing an ashtray anymore (her words) 😁

Work keeps me busy but traffic is still a major trigger. The only reason I'm working is to help a friend run his business until he finds someone. Hopefully he finds someone soon because this is my last winter in PA. I need warm weather and beaches to live out my retirement years. 

Bought some sugarless candy, getting tired of lifesavers and pretzels while I'm driving around 3-4 hours a day. Lung capacity is getting better, doing about 2.5 - 3 miles a few times a week on the treadmill but don't seem to be losing weight. Got a Dr appointment tomorrow to discuss BP meds which I think may be causing it. I don't know...

My last quit lasted three years, 34 months to pass that record. Got some new motivation, my great-nephew (at least it looks like a boy from the sonogram) coming in about six weeks. Someone has to be around to teach him the "pull my finger" gag 😁. My sister-in-law always hated me for teaching her kids that.

Ok, done rambling for this week. Thanks for the support and motivation. Wouldn't have made it this far without this sight.

Rich

6 Comments