cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

8 months and some days

here4help
0 3 8

I made it to California folks, safe and mostly sound.  It has been an unbelievable 3-4 weeks and I have survived without caving in to any smoking urges.....Packing, finding a rental in Cali across the internet, 3 change of addresses in 12 days because of the goof ball landlords out there, accepting a new job, driving 2600 miles all by myself, finding that where I am to be living in Cali is not what you might imagine as your typical images of the coast...there is not a Wal Mart within 160 miles of here.....My Dad said "WHAT....Everyone lives within 10 miles of a Wal Mart"....well, I used to live within 10 miles of 2...lol.    I got car sick on the winding roads through the redwoods on 101 north of San Francisco, had cramps in both my hands from holding on so tight.  I didn't know I could get car sick when I had control (somewhat) of the vehicle.  Funny stories, for sure!!

I wasn't real confident in me and getting past the urges, but I made it.  Now, if Atlas Van Lines shows up with  my belongings sometime soon, I'll be a happy camper. 

I hope this finds everyone calm and content with their decision to QUIT and STAY QUIT...the hard work is definitely worth all the advantages you find as an X.  !!PEACE!!

3 Comments