cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

75 days quit smoking and going strong.

moonmen17
0 4 523

The thing that I really like about quitting smoking is that I am not preoccupied with wanting a break to do it while I am working or meeting with other people while in school or at work.  When the break comes up I do not feel a need to light up which I would do in spite of myself when I was a smoker.  I enjoy not having to do a lot of stuff I really did not want to do in spite of my own best interests when I was a smoker.  My cousin who I looked up to quite a bit and who inspired me to quit drinking was a smoker and it was a part of his identity and he loved to smoke he told me and I buy that.  He quit after he found out that he had cancer and he may or may not have gotten cancer whether or not he was a smoker but when he told me that he had quit for whatever reason and he had no hair while going through chemo therapy I envied him for being able to quit smoking before I finally have quit myself today and the timing with not already having cancer and being able to quit before having cancer or other lung disease is really nice.  I do a lot of walking each day to try and manage my ongoing anxiety issues and I can hear or feel a very slight weeze when I am walking vigorously but I hope that in more time that will go away or maybe it will not and I will be grateful that I am not making that weeze worse by continuing the smoking.  I have also gained a few pounds since quitting and I am trying to burn off a small pot belly that I have developed but I am not really tempted these days to go back to smoking which really makes everything worse for me and really complicated any benefit I was getting from the nicotine to ease anxiety.  I have gotten a lot of positive support for quitting smoking from this website as well as other places and I really appreciate that and it is a lot of work and worth it.  Thank you.  moonmen17

4 Comments