cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

75 Days

tjbeck1-3-10-14
0 7 32

Never thought I would get this far. I still have a few craves at odd times but so far I am able to squash them.

I am going to the gym 4 days a week and signed up for a running class another day. I have noticed some improvement in my overall health. I have not lost any weight but I have not put on any either. So I guess it's a good thing that I go to the gym. It certainly beats sitting home thinking about smoking.

I fear I did damage to my lungs as my breathing is still not good. But I am not jumping the gun there yet. I'm going to give it some more time as it has only been 75 days and I smoked for 39 years.

I am liking the fact that when I go somewhere I do not need to leave to go light up. I also noticed how nasty it smells. My husband still smokes, so when he comes in from having a cigerette I like to smell how nasty it is. It only reinforces to me what a dirty nasty smelly addiction smoking is. 

I am making it through this and get a little stronger every day.

NOPE

7 Comments
TerrieQuit

Hello, I love your positive attitude! Congratulations on 75 days! You are doing a great job! Way to rock a quit!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

JonesCarpeDiem

Very Good!

elvan

Congratulations on 75 days!  What a great quittitude you have...keep stacking those days, pretty soon the craves will be nothing but memories.

I like not having to leave to smoke too and I LOVE not getting dirty looks as I try to sneak a smoke.  I HATED that.

tjanddj

Congratulations on your 75 smoke free days!

YoungAtHeart

tjanddj 2 hours ago

Youngatheart (7.4.12)   

12 badges

I hated getting on the elevator filled with colleagues after a smoke break, knowing how bad I stunk.

Girve your breathing a bit more time - then it might be good to ask your doc about it.  There actually is therapy that can be done to improve it!

Exercise can become its own addiction - albeit a good one!  In the summer when I swim laps, I get apoplectic if it storms and I can't  do them.  Ditto for walking in the cold months. 

You are doing GREAT - but you are stil traveling through No Mans Land, so stay vigilant!

Nancy

Rick_M

Wtg I smoked for 37years so ya only got me by a couple. 75 days is fantastic but you still have plenty of time for you to experience your health improvements and you will. Just don't smoke stay close to EX.  I am sure you have already noticed less shortness of breath. The freedom my friend is a release from the burden of having to feed an expensive and life threatening addiction. It only gets better....Promise

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on a successful 75 days smoke-free.  Things will better as long as you do not smoke.  Good Job