cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

73 yr old Ex Smoker quit at 70 yrs old after 55 years smoking

nolasmallwood
0 6 142
Wow, it has been a long time! I will be 3 years quit in September!! After being a smoker for 55 years!! I can honestly say I stopped posting because I forgot about being a quitter. I feel as if I had never been a smoker. Until....... I went to Florida with my daughter, 3 of my grandchildren, and my grandson-in-law. My daughter drove my car with myself and two of my grandchildren. My daughter is a smoker. A smoker with a capital S. Needless to say, my car is a non-smoking car. My daughter's Cravings were so strong that I could feel them. We made frequent stops but I wanted so badly to tell her she could roll down the window and smoke. But I didn't. I don't nag my family about not smoking but I definitely try to set the example so I couldn't give in Plus my teenage grandchildren were in the back seat and I like for the first time in my life having a car that doesn't smell of smoke. But I am telling you that is the strongest craving I have had in two years. I would like to say that this journey made my daughter went to quit but it just made her decide that next trip she would get a different car for us, lol.
6 Comments