Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

71 and a half hours.

Rxbecca1981
1 6 74

Hello all!

I would like to start off on a positive note. I am still quit after almost 72 hours. As I was driving to work today, I noticed the wonderful smell of freshly cut grass. Not quite sure if it was the not smoking or the new spring. But it was wonderful 🙂

Today was my first time working while on my quitting journey. I have to say, the drive was too long and the stress was plentiful. I really wanted to break down and smoke today...but I didn't! I didn't even have any nic gum today. Yay! But it was so difficult. 

I am also very proud of my husband. He went all day today without smoking a single cancer stick! Go Jason Go! We will be smokefree. It just hasn't been easy. I am glad we are doing this together though. Even though we have been crazy insane and sometimes mean to each other with the withdrawl symptoms. 

For the "EXperts"- how long did it take you to not crave? How long did it take to not think about one for an entire day? I want that now. I know. It's been 3 days, but I feel like the cravings consume me most of the day.

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing really AWESOME. And other times I feel like I'm a lost cause and should just give in. I don't know what my brain is doing, but it's really confusing me LOL

Thanks for listening to me rant again 🙂

-Becky

6 Comments