Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

705 days of freedom !

bonniebee
0 10 55

Hi everyone !

I have been thinking about how the hard times in life can often be the beginning of very positive and lasting  changes . 

Three years ago in the fall of 2013 I got Lyme Disease I had it for 2 months before i got symptoms after taking antibiotics for 21 days the symptoms began to decrease (head and neck pain and flu like symptoms ) but then i began to feel sick again and if anyone knows  about this disease you know it can live inside of you and cause bad symtoms for years and doctors often deny it .....well suffice it to say, I had no choice but to try and rid myself of it by nutriton and researching it online.

This process led me to taking much better care of myself but I had the nagging thought of quitting smoking ! Here I was trying to rid myself of toxins as I continued to smoke up the biggest toxin of all ! This led me to try to quit smoking for the first time since 10 years previously .  I failed at this try because i still thought I could learn to social smoke . During this time I lost my oldest and best friend to cancer she had quit but had smoked quite a bit in her lifetime . The following year I found Ex and here I am today almost to my 2 year anniversary !

Sometimes it takes a wakeup call to make the changes we need to have a healthy and addiction free life don't wait until it is to late ! 

Have a great day everyone I smoked for 52 years If I  kicked the habit and  addiction I know anyone can ! No one "loved" smoking more than I did ! I am so glad and happy to be free !

10 Comments
Stopforgood

"Sometimes it takes a wakeup call to make the changes we need to have a healthy and addiction free life..."  Absolutely, I know that for a fact.  And wow, congratulations on upcoming 2 years!  Thanks for staying around, setting an example, and helping those following in your footsteps.  Hopefully, folks will continue to find this site, and just maybe someone reading these posts, will quit before they get that 'wakeup call.'

Pops

It's always good to read blogs from you Bonnie.  I can get some sort of commonality in all of your blogs.  Today, I see that you hit that realization point that I also reached...when both of us had our epiphanies for lack of a better word.  We realized that a serious change in our lifestyles was long overdue.

Thank God, that we recognized it in time to wrestle out some good in our lives.  As for me, I almost waited too long.

Pops

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 705 days of freedom.  You deserve the best. 

Silverstar

BonnieBee, I'm so glad you found your Quit and are here for me!!!  Seriously, it is people who have been there and done that and are still willing and able to stay around EX and share your knowledge and experience that enables newcomers like me to discover EX and Choose Freedom, and I thank you.

Congratulations on 705 Days of Freedom!!!

Thomas3.20.2010

What a terrific EXample of turning bad into good with perspective!

Sorry for your pain but I'm glad you found the positive in it!

Congrats on your marvelous Quit, Bonnie!

Mandolinrain

Big hug and congrats! 

PennyLynn7407

705 DOF! Totally awesome! 

ccrider

Congrats, you are an inspiration!!

elvan

I am so proud of you Bonnie and so happy for you.  This freedom thing is HUGE.  Congratulations.

MarilynH

Congratulations my Bonnie Bee on your awesome 705 precious DOF and counting, thank you for this wonderful blog, wow 52 yrs of smoking and now  you are heading for 2 glorious yrs of smoke free living, Freedom sure is Exhilarating!

About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .