cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

7 weeks smoke free. 5 weeks pregnant!

Rxbecca1981
0 8 23

Today is smoke free day number 42. YAY 7 whole weeks! I still can't believe I am doing this! It still is difficult during very stressful times, but I know I don't do that anymore thanks to the support system I have set in place.

But now I have another reason to stay quit, I am 5 weeks pregnant! I am so glad I quit when I did. It would be horrible to be causing harm to the sesame seed inside of me by still smoking. I am nervous, this is my first pregnancy, so I'm very unsure as to what to expect. First appointment is the last week of June, should be able to hear a heartbeat by then! Hopefully it will be strong and healthy. That is all I ask after all the harm I have done to my body...just hoping the baby will be healthy.

~Becky

PS hubby is still quit as well, he's at 40 days today 🙂

8 Comments
SkyGirl

Congratulations, Rebecca!  Having babies is absolutely the best thing EVER in my experience!!  And there is no greater reason to protect your Quit than that sweet little soul growing inside you.  Just think how wonderful it will be, months from now, to bring a brand new little somebody into your smokefree home with two smokefree parents and two happy big brothers!!

xxxooo,   Sky

zinamarie

Congrats to you and Hubby.  You, because you're who I'm talking to...7 weeks, WooHoo!  You are doing this!  You're baby is happier already.  You have great support here.  I am going on 800 days and couldn't have done it without the folks here.  Someday you will be saying that...

Personify your quit, treat it as your child, and you will be fine.  Protect Your Quit.  Read Read Read!

Rxbecca1981

YoungAtHeart

Wow - 7 weeks is wonderful!

And a baby on the way?  Icing on the cake!

Congratulations on both!

Nancy

Qit 7/4/12

jensteff

Awesome, congratulations! Stay strong and protect your quit along with your child! xoxox

wishingstar

Renee 3 weeks and 5 days

Strudel

Congrats to you both - on your quits and on the baby!! Wonderful! 

joyeuxencore

Oh my goodness Becky! What a glorious celebration! Congratulations on your new life AND the new life growing inside of you! xo