cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

7 Days until my Quit date, and freaked out!

tara707
0 6 71

I am 7 days away from my quit date and I am just completely freaked out. I don't know why, I just am. Ever since the day I signed up on here I have been in a panic. I have cut back some, but not enough. I don't want to use anything to help me quit except will power, but that doesn't seem to be working. And I'm not sure what medications work the best, Chantix did not work last year. 

I feel like everything is a trigger... Bordom, laundry, work, driving (which is a huge part of my job), and the thought of quiting even makes me wanna smoke. Support is not always available so I'm not sure how I am going to do it on my own. 

I am getting married in October and hope to be completely smoke free by then. I try to think of all of the many reasons I should quit smoking but honestly those reasons don't seem to matter to me. My health and my child, the smell and the money, and all of the other reasons just really don't matter when I light up or even when I think about quiting. I wish I had the will power that I speak of!   

I'm sorry for ranting about what seems to be nothing in particular, but my head is foggy because of these things. And I just thought that by getting this out  someone may be able to help clear my mind and my nerves.

Thanks for your thoughts!

6 Comments