cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

650 days

Mrs.Rum
0 12 23

My journey has been an up and down one.  I remember clawing my way through day 1.  Just begging to get to bedtime.  Up and down.  Then the day came where I decided , finally, smoking just wasn't an option.  That day was 650 days ago.  

It's a nice feeling.  I didn't think I could do it, but I really wanted to do it.  And now I'm staring down the barrel of 2 years.  Just had to want it bad enough.

You have to want it that bad too.

12 Comments
SkyGirl

Mrs. Rum!  I haven't been here as much as usual during the last few months so I've missed some of your blogs.  I just went back and read them.  Really great, realistic stuff!  I love your blogs; they always speak right to the heart of the matter.  No baloney and so helpful to newer quitters!  Anyway, it's great to see you and congratulations on having only 80 more days to go until you hit TWO YEARS!  Fantastic!  Come around here more, please!

xxxooo,  Sky

Brenda_M

Hooray, Mrs. Rum!!! You are so cool!

djmurray

Mrs. Rum -- you wrote one of the best, most relevant blogs I've read during this quit and I found it on Best of EX.  It was about acceptance, and I highly recommend that everyone who is considering quitting, in the middle of quitting and several years beyond their quit read it.  It had a profound effect on me, and when I am getting impatient with craves that make no sense to me because my rational mind is so SURE I will never take another puff, I now have your words to remind me that all I have to do is accept that these feelings, urges, thoughts are there, and will go away.  I accept so much more now than I did when I was a couple of days into this quit, when I was acting like the cowardly lion in "The Wizard of Oz"  "Let me at 'em, just let me at 'em..."  (of course said in Bert Lahr's inimitable  voice). 

So I applaud you, your 650 days and the fact that I had a chance to read your blog.  Are you gointg to Nashville?  I would love to meet you in person.

candylance

Fantastic!! 650 DAYS!! YOU are looking at 2 years and soon!! A BIG congratulations!!

jeanne-06.03.13

Congrats on 650.  I'm at 616.  I know what you are talking about when you say that you decided that smoking isn't an option.  I made that decision too.

It was the easiest and hardest thing that I have done!

Again, congrats  - good job. 

Jeanne

Storm.3.1.14

Proud of you, as always! Happy 650!!!!

YoungAtHeart

650?  Wow - I knew you when you were only a ONE and it seems like just yesterday.

I am so happy for you!  Congratulations!

Nancy

summer-07-06-15

Congratulations on 650 days  of Freedom

congratulations

annb
Absolutely beautiful Mrs. Rum! Congrats and thank you so much for staying here and helping us continue the journey!!! :)))
linda258

Congrats... Happy for you!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

650 beautiful days!!!  Congratulations!

Jackie

457 dof

asif

650 days! Thats just wonderful. Congartulations on your will power and planning. Keep it up. 

I am looking forward to following in your footsteps. You are a big big inspiration.