cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

60 days - Two Months - The Middle of No Man's Land

Larry576
0 9 27

All of the above describe where I am now as an EX. I never thought I'd make it this far. Now I have no doubts I will always be an EX.

For those just starting out, it doesn't get any easier. At least it hasn't for me. Not yet. Thanks to my extended family here I've been prepared for what happens during the first 3 months and the demons that tempt. Each day continues to be a struggle but each day being smoke-free is a win. 

The urges haven't dissipated. As the saying goes, knowledge is power. The knowledge these urges will raise their heads when least expected and knowing I am able to defeat them helps me make each time. My EX family has been a constant source of inspiration, of encouragement and of pride. Thank you all.

Since knowledge is the awareness of certain things I have learned or been made aware of a few things I'd like to share with you all.

I had amnesia once – or twice.

Last week I forgot how to ride a bicycle.

If the world were a logical place, men would ride sidesaddle.

What is a “free” gift? Aren’t all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible … and I believed them.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

I used to be indecisive. Now I’m not sure.

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

FInally the real definition for a flashlight. It is a case for holding dead batteries.

Have a fun day and NEVER let the urge defeat you!

9 Comments
djmurray

Congratulations on two  months and thanks for making me smile!!  This is a great community, isn't it?  And they definitely don't mind if we come back here 10 times a day. 

bj_15

Congrats on 60 days!! I have not been able to be on much lately and wanted to say hi! I love your post! Thank you so much for sharing. I really needed a laugh today. I have to go for now, but hope to catch you on here again soon! Congrats again, your doing great 🙂

MarilynH

Congratulations on 60 precious smoke free days and I love your sense of humor. 

Marilyn 

Cindy210

Love your comments!  They made me smile too!  Congratulations on 60 days smoke free!  I just had to listen Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking again.  My attitude had gotten out of whack and the craves were getting the best of me!  The book changed my attitude and today was much better.

Keep making us smile!  

JonesCarpeDiem

Good Job Larry!

annb
Yep Larry! I've pulled my Allen Carr book out to read again. I'm at 83 days today and urges are giving me a fit. I've even smelled "ghost smoke" and reached for cigs a couple times. The brain receptors are fighting for their lives. But they are losing! Congrats on 60 days!!! You keep moving on!!!
Strudel

Congrats on 60 days! Love the blog!

al_44

This will get so much easier!  You will triumph! 

Jennifer-Quit

It really does get easier Larry - half way thru NML is a lot to be proud of!  Like Ann mentioned above - I have been smelling "ghost" smoke.  It is at work usually and no one there even smokes -lol - just a good reminder that I don't want to smell like that.  Have a good evening!