cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

6 weeks today!

caribegal1
0 12 14

Well, who'd a thunk I'd be here today!?!  I count my victories only one day at a time.  I wake up and say "just for today, I will not smoke.  From what I've read and responded to, I'm officially in NML.  It's not a great place to be but certainly a LOT BETTER than 5 or 6 weeks ago.  I was doing a bit of heavy cleaning today and wiping up nicotine stained stuff in my house.  HOW GROSS!  Smoke on my windows, on the shelves, everywhere.  I told myself I would paint over every room!  But I have to wait for my reward.  No smoke has passed through my doors although I don't think it's fair that my husband still smokes a cigar outside.  I've always smelled it a mile away and always thought it was disgusting (still do) but isn't that what I did?  How disgusting for everyone around me or after I'd gone outside to have a smoke and came back in.  It's nice to know that I can go anywhere, be with people who do not smoke, not ache to get outside (it's getting really cold here) and not have my clothes or hair smell.  But I will never get overconfident; I'm not where I want to be yet so I'll plug along.  My longest quit ever was 4 months so I have to continue to be wary.  Well, that's it for me today.  I try to get here as often as I can but not always time.

12 Comments
owlfeather

Congrats on 6 weeks!!!

melissa131

Hi congrats and yes, me too, finding so many nicotine covered things it's grosss. 

I washed some fabric with white wine vinager today. And someone else mentioned Borax, I might be using that for my curtains, because everytime I go near them I can smell cigarettes. jeeze. 

I can't wait till we get rid of it all. whohoo. 

BobbyMaynard

Congratulations on 6 great weeks of not smoking! It is good no longer to be a slave to smoking. I have been quit 4 weeks, have not done much cleaning yet but I am finding burn holes in a lot of my winter clothes. How stupid can a person Be?

Bobby

lisa11209
Congratulations! Six weeks is great! Cleaning is a good reminder of how dirty smoking is. I've washed a lot of stuff since quitting too and am glad for the reminder of another good reason not to smoke.
Strudel

Congrats on 6 weeks! Cleaning is a good idea! You are doing this!

Leeza

My heartiest congratulations on you 6 week milestone.  May your future days be atleast as a minimum as successful as these past 6 week smoke-free weeks!  To breathing freely!!!

misty_dawn

You rock!  6 weeks is awesome.  

family-first

Great job on 6 weeks! 😉

dawn4

Congratulations on 6 weeks Smoke Free!!!!   AWESOME!!!!!!!!

robinday61069

I certainly understand the "over confident" thing. you've experienced.  Until this time I was so sure I'd had the thing licked.  It think it was karma.  Tomorrow is my one year anniversary.  Your six weeks now, and then it will be seven and then you may forget to count the weeks because they have turned into months.  This site can help you so much.

mikecity

Congratulations on 6 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caribegal1

Everyone, thanks for all the congrats and encouragement!  I'm not there yet, but I just can't believe just yet.  A bad thought crossed my mind today but I kept on going.  I think I should have bought stock in whoever makes Good n Plenties and Tootsie Pops!  Just have to watch the weight thing but whatever keeps me going, I'll do it.  I admire all of you so since I still consider myself a newbie in NML!  Am going out to dinner tonight to celebrate my 65th birthday (a few weeks ago) and everyone is a non-smoker!  I'll fit right in. Woohoo!