cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

6 weeks today!

caribegal1
0 12 15

Well, who'd a thunk I'd be here today!?!  I count my victories only one day at a time.  I wake up and say "just for today, I will not smoke.  From what I've read and responded to, I'm officially in NML.  It's not a great place to be but certainly a LOT BETTER than 5 or 6 weeks ago.  I was doing a bit of heavy cleaning today and wiping up nicotine stained stuff in my house.  HOW GROSS!  Smoke on my windows, on the shelves, everywhere.  I told myself I would paint over every room!  But I have to wait for my reward.  No smoke has passed through my doors although I don't think it's fair that my husband still smokes a cigar outside.  I've always smelled it a mile away and always thought it was disgusting (still do) but isn't that what I did?  How disgusting for everyone around me or after I'd gone outside to have a smoke and came back in.  It's nice to know that I can go anywhere, be with people who do not smoke, not ache to get outside (it's getting really cold here) and not have my clothes or hair smell.  But I will never get overconfident; I'm not where I want to be yet so I'll plug along.  My longest quit ever was 4 months so I have to continue to be wary.  Well, that's it for me today.  I try to get here as often as I can but not always time.

12 Comments