Share your quitting journey

6 Year Anniversary. Yipee!

NewMe
10 13 551

There once was a lady from Texas

Who thought she and her smokes could Never be Exes

But with tons of help from this site

She put up a mighty big fight

And today has six years smoke-free under her belt. 

Now, she has not saved enough dough for a Lexus

But she enjoys her good health, and a little more wealth

And a heart full of gratitude for the folks who helped her escape the NicoDude's Stealth!

Today marks 6 years of freedom from smoking and a commitment to NOPE for me.  For anyone just starting out, or still doubting that it can be done, the wonderful and amazing group of people you find here on this site and the advice and support they give on a daily basis can give you the freedom of a forever quit. Yes, you have to put some effort forth and do your part. Commit to stick to the program, follow the advice, ask for help when you need it, resolve to abide by NOPE no matter what comes up in your life (because smoking never solved anyone's problems). But nature never intended for anyone to be a smoker, and you might be surprised by how soon you return to a state where the thought of smoking almost never occurs at all, and when it does you can quickly push the thought away and go on about your business. Many thanks to all the people here who helped me through the difficult first year or so (where I often doubted I was going to make it), and those who continue to make the world a better place by creating one successful ex-smoker after another with their support!

13 Comments
green1611

Congratulations on SIX years completion of smoke free life ! Great moment ....

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 12.52.02 PM.png

MarilynH

I'm sooooo happy to see you @NewMe and even more happy to CONGRATULATE you on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 6 precious Smokefree years and counting YAY for each and every YEAR WON with many more to come let's CELEBRATE because I absolutely love CELEBRATING MILESTONES! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

6179d08adbde7edf72353f1ab6360437.jpg

meWisconsin

Congratulations @NewMe on your 6 year anniversary. Many more to come.

Stay strong.

Terry😎

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you!  Happy to celebrate your message and SIX years of freedom!

Congratulations!

Nancy

Barbscloud

@NewMe Congrats on 6 years of success.  Glad you stopped by to celebrate.

Barbscloud_0-1629636469274.png

Barb

sweetplt

Absolutely Fantastic …. Congratulations on 6 Years of Freedom ~ @NewMe Colleen 993 DOF 

pastedImage_1.gif

Gai.C

@NewMe  Congratulations on your Quit Journey and Thank's for sharing with Us. 

2019-01-20_14.40.48-1.jpg

Christine13

@NewMe   You've done so great, many CONGRATULATIONS on 6 years quit!!

NewMe

Thank you @MarilynH ,@green1611, @YoungAtHeart , @Christine13 , @Barbscloud , @sweetplt , @Gai.C , and @meWisconsin . To those of you who were here when I first started, again I say I could not have done it without the support and wise words from all of you. And to all who stick around and give encouragement and support to newbies, doubters, and naysayers- you are contributing to an Extremely worthy cause. It's good to hear from you guys. I should stop in more often, but work has been kicking my butt lately (labor shortage like you wouldn't believe😢). Six years feels mighty good!

Strudel

Congrats on 6 years! 

Giulia

Nice, Karen!  Really happy for your six years.  And glad you dropped in to shout it out, and write a cute little ditty in the process.  Here's to many MANY more!  

number 6.JPG

NewMe

@Strudel and @Giulia , good to hear from you guys! Thanks, and many kudos to you all for helping so many people break free from bondage. It is a wonderful thing that you do.

Giulia

It's wonderful that the advice from all of us sank in!  That's the best gift you can give us. - your continued  success.  That's a good part of the reason what we all hang around, I think.  Continuing to believe we can make a difference.  So it's really nice to hear it!