cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

6 Months of Freedon

Barbscloud
14 25 234

I couldn't be happier to be celebrating 6 months today.  I never even thought of quitting smoking in terms of freedom before.  Now I do.  Believing in all of you and you're believing in me has made all the difference.  I entered into this armed with an education about this addiction that I didn't have before.  We all think at times we know it all and don't bother to look any further.  Maybe because it was easier not to.  You've made think about life, you've made me laugh, and at times you've made me cry.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

Barbara

25 Comments
TW517

A huge milestone!  Congrats!

Your comment about thinking we know it all really hit home with me.  As did Sheri's post earlier about being honest.  I used to get so angry and defensive with my wife about my smoking when she would try to explain how addiction works, or how nicotine is a stimulant, and doesn't really help calm me, etc., etc.  My addicted brain said, "How could she know?! She has never smoked, so she can't know as much as I do about smoking!"  The fact that she works in health care, sees addicts every day, and had a mother die from addiction didn't count for anything to me.  I honestly don't know how she put up with me all these years.

So glad you and I finally listened to (and believed) someone other than our delusional selves.  Happy 6 months!

YoungAtHeart

DrumMajor_ToledoBlade.jpg

This calls for a MARCHING BAND!

maxresdefault.jpg

BALLOONS!

640x478_ac.jpg

CHOCOLATE CAKE!  (Well, actually, most EVERYTHING calls for chocolate cake!)

CONGRATULATIONS!

JACKIE1-25-15

YoungAtHeart

I WANT those fingernails!!!!

MarilynH

CONGRATULATIONS Barb on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous fantastic precious Smokefree months and counting WTG life really does get better and better without the crutch of cigarettes, YAY and YAY again for Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON.....

5af6e6b7f2510152b3c55c011686393b.jpg

JonesCarpeDiem

Wonderful!

Congratulations!

Bonnie

way to go! And it keeps getting better... EX friends' support and encouragement made all the diff for me, too.

Happy Six-Months to you!

Bonnie 250 DOF

SoosannahK

Congrats on 6 months! That's huge!!

SimplySheri

So very, very happy for you, Barbara!!!  Congratulations on 6 beautiful smoke free months  

indingrl

CONGRATS BARBARA ON  6 MONTHS NON SMOKER LIVING! GOOD JOB EDUCATION YOURSELF ON YOUR NICOTINE ADDICTION. Thank you for sharing.

Mike.n.Atlanta

Attagirl Barb! That's gettin it done. Congratulations!

M n @ Signature 002-2.JPG

Giulia

Bird1.gif

IrishRose

Congratulations on six months, Barbara.  That is awesome!!!

Irish Rose 

IrishRose

When are we cutting that chocolate cake?????    It looks so very, very good.

Strudel

Yippee! Congrats on 6 months! 

SaraCorinne

Good-job-300x199.jpg

A BIG BUNCH of NON SMOKING THUMBS UP FOR YOU!

Woohoo-for-web.png

Also, thanks for being there for us newbies!  I, for one, am GLAD you're here!

Sara 26 DOF

shashort

CONGRATULATIONS

HOORAY

WOOHOO

Related image

Way to go Barb kicking Nicodemons butt!!  Good job only 6 months to go to be Elder and enter 6% club!!

KTQeeyore

Congrats on 6 months of freedom Barbara! Good for you!   

b1478fad336560674089bd1e43ed8def.gif

elvan

I am so proud of you and so happy for you...what a beautiful way to put it....that you never thought of it as FREEDOM before...

but now you do.  What a great statement!  CONGRATULATIONS!

XOXO,

Ellen

kristen-9-7-15

I couldn’t be happier either Barb! Congrats on 6 months!!!

Mandolinrain

Sorry I missed this yesterday Barb, but I have loved watching your quit grow on you! So Huge congrats on 6 months!!! Thats fabulous!

Unknown-1.jpeg

Barbscloud

Missy, like the new photo.  Sexy!

Christine13

Sorry I missed this Barb!  CONGRATULATIONS on 6 months quit!!  How wonderful!!

BostonGirl

Oh Barb, this is beautiful and sooooo true.  Thank you and Congrats on 6 months WON!

Donna 25 DOF

mtc

Congratulations, we are so proud of you, first 6 months awesome!!!