cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

6 MONTHS

JulieSw
0 17 5

Today I can proudly say I have not had a cigarette for 6 months !!!  ( I have smoked for over 44 years) Has it been easy? NO. Do I miss it? Sometimes 😕 I quit 6 months ago for lent, I couldn't wait for lent to be over so I could have a cigarette, but then that day came and went. Each day after I thought why not try to see how far I can take this, well here I am 🙂

I quit cold turkey, no patches no medicine just a lot of bitching and crying in the beginning ( luckily my kids still speak to me and more importantly my husband didn't divorce me ) I read a lot of books, articles before my quit but honestly reading them didn't prepare me for the reality of the side affects I was about to walk into. I learned you have to do what's right for you. I do have a pack of cigarettes sitting in my kitchen, when I've tried to quit before, I always felt like I NEEDED to have them near me and when I didn't I resented it, so now they are right here and I'm ok with it 🙂 ( they are a little stale now but that's okay). One thing that does help me is I have a picture of Terri Hall (taken right before she died) on my phone.( Google her if you don't know who she is) When I feel a self pity party coming on I look at it and  think of the great place I am now in 🙂

Upward and onward to the next 6 months!  Like I said before, was it easy NO, does it get easier YES

Sidebar--- my 4th grandchild is due on my one year quit date !!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE, I KNOW I WILL 🙂

Julie 🙂

17 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations Julie! Onward in freedom!

Polynha

Congratulations on 6 months Julie! 

suzanne41

Congratulations!!  That's awesome!!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Woo Hoo half way to the 6% club!  Great job and so glad you kept it going after lent!!

xoxo

Jackie

promise_judy

Oh that is soooo exciting! Congrats on 6 months.

XOXO

freeneasy

Congratulations! I remember my dad quitting for lent several times and starting after Easter. He eventually got COPD and smoked until the end. Keep moving forward one day at a time.

grizzmax

Congrats!

LouiseR

Congrats on 6 months.  Keep stacking those wonderful smoke free days.  Also congrats on grandchild #4 on the way!

sparky26

That was a great story .Congratulations on your 6 months, have way to a 6 %

Storm.3.1.14

SO VERY PROUD OF YOU, JULIE!!!!

marilyn_marmac

Congratulations on 6 Months. You made it 1/2 a Year doing it YOUR way! And that's important. We are all unique. What works for one person may not work for the next. Finding what does work for us, as an individual, is part of the journey.  Now me...I would have smoked everyone of those cigarettes!

Congrats on the upcoming grandchild! I'm up to 5 grands and I love it!

congratulations20.gif

linda.mustafa

Woohoo Julie, congratulations dear, so happy for you , nice to hear from you 🙂

Sammy.J

Congratulations on you 6 months. That's amazing. Keep up the good work

johio

6 months is a huge milestone !!!! Congratulations

Strudel

Congrats on 6 months and on that new grand baby!! 

JulieSw
Thanks everyone, this first 6 months has certainly been a journey ( some good, some bad) but it can only get better from here 🙂