cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

57 days!

Junior7
0 17 325

Seem to be cruising along pretty well these days.  Some smoking memories, but not bad.  Read the blogs over coffee this morning, had a good walk with Milo, and am now ready to start the rest of my day.  I am going to be tutoring a friend's son for a while.  Looking forward to that--something to sharpen my lazy brain a bit and a chance to get out of the house and be social.  Saw the doctor the other day.  She is sending me to a cardiologist for a stress test.  She is also having me retest my cholesterol, which I have been battling for a while.  Was so glad to be able to hold my head up high and tell my doctor that I have quit smoking.  She has been telling me to quit for years.  My blood pressure is already better.  I have also read that smoking can lower one's good cholesterol, which has been my problem.  So we will see if quitting helps with that.  I have also been eating better and getting more exercise, so that should help too.  I won't tell the cardiologist about the burger I did eat yesterday, though.  It was delicious.  I hope everyone has a great day!

17 Comments
cookie804

wtg June so proud of you.Reward yourself once in awhile with that burger or whatever you want to eat.

rosemarymom

57 days is great!  One just has to have a juicy burger once in a while! 

JonesCarpeDiem

Hows about a nice big Ribeye? (Low cholesterol of course)

Brenda_M

Good luck at the cardiologist! You are doing amazing!!!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

57 days is a great feat and your blood pressure is already thanking you for it.  Just think how you will feel at the 100 day mark, then the 300 day and on and on.  It only gets better.  The burger the other day is not to be mentioned again~ from any of us!

XOXO

jACKIE

racine

57 DAYS WOW! You are doing great!! Hope your test all come back good... How long did you smoke?.... I am hanging in there its been almost a month for me. I feel wonderful!

Good Luck!

annb
Yay Junior. So happy for you. Congrats on big 57 days! You deserve holding your head high for sure! Hope all your tests come back with A+!!!
joyeuxencore

Junior YEAH!!!!!! So nice to be free...Milo is very proud...So am I. You are doing great. One day at a time. Congrats. xo

LouiseR

Way to go on 57 days.  My good cholesterol dropped after about 4 months being smoke free.  My doctor was very happy about that.  Congrats!

YoungAtHeart

57 days?  Almost TWO months?

SkyGirl

Congratulations, Junior!  Just think: you are only 43 days away from joining The Triple Digit Club!  And that's only about a month and a half!  Piece of cake, right?  Or perhaps I should say "cheeseburger, right?"  Hah!  But seriously, I am so glad you came back to EX and that you are feeling so much better.

xxxxxxxxoooooooo,   Sky

MarilynH

You are doing fantastic, good luck with the stress test  and your cholesterol levels. I'm thinking about a big juicy burger right now, i I think I will cook one up , thanks Junior. 

sparky26

Y'all got me hungry . LoL . Congrats junior !

JRC

Congratulations on 57 days!! Love your attitude. Scratch Milo's ears!

GreenThumb3

Good job congrats on 57

Michwoman

I still get a huge boost of pride when I get to say "No" to the dreaded smoking question! It's the coolest thing! It's kind of funny because those medical professionals can tell no matter how we answer. WE STUNK!!

Great job!

elvan

Congratulations, Junior, so very happy for you and that burger was likely worth every single bite and is not going to hurt you anywhere NEAR as much as smoking would.  Now, if you ate a "pack" of burgers a day, there might be a problem.

Happy 57 days!