Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

@ 56 Days

babs13
0 8 21

And Happy to Be Here

I just haven't found the time to write a blog, but I've been around the site, reading and learning.

Still haven't learned how to put up a clock on my page yet, and I forget what day I'm on, all the time.

I'll trade these problems, for the ones I had, before I found this site.  Nicotine addiction, afraid of failure, running away from my fears, not being the best I can be.

Quitting HAS NOT and WILL NOT fix all of my troubles, but it has enabled be to cope with them better, and to identify them more accurately.

Mixed blessings, for sure.  But blessings, nonetheless. 

I am so happy to finally be a non-smoker.  

I appreciate all the help I get here from everyone.  The "elders" have valuable insight, but the "newbies" give me a great deal of satisfaction as well.   I have always been happiest when I can teach a skill, or offer help someone.  This site allows me to do that.

Thank you to all my friends who dropped by to ask for me, while I was M.I.A.  Sometimes I have a little flair up of my physical difficulty, and I have to take a little time off.  I'll come back as soon as I can. 

See you all, around the site.   I'll keep striving..... Babs

8 Comments
jim117

Go to my page it will tell you how to put up a clock.

froguelady

Glad you are feeling better. I haven't been on here in a couple of days.  Sunday is a busy day for me.  Go to church in morning and evening and sometime out to eat with the "lunch bunch" after services in the morning.  It help very much to not worry about when I would get to smoke as I used to do.   Glad you are here and if I could help you with a clock I would but I didn't even get mine on my page, my granddaughter did.  Want to borrow her? lol

NOPE forever

melissa131

Congrats Babs, you are a great addition to this site. 

Go to my page, and click on the make a wish clock on my profile, now click get code for count UP clock. now go back to your page, edit your profile, then the about me section and put (right click-paste) your clock in there, I believe you have a lot of room in there. 🙂 Try it, it works.  When all else fails with windows right click is usually your friend. 

obz900

Thanks Babs, and congrats on 56 days. You have been extremely helpful to me in my short time on this site and I'm certain you will continue to be a great help. 

family-first

babs13

Thanks for the clock info. everyone, but I still can't get it to work on my page.  Maybe my computer, or more likely, it's user.  LOL

jawidge

Congratulations Babs! And congratulations on knowing that quitting is not the end all.  BUT,, if you can do this then you can pretty much handle anything that is put on your plate! You can use the skills you learned here to tackle a lot of things. I take deep breaths for a lot of things    LOL   You are almost at two months.. then you will be at 6 months and then a year and guess what... it continues to get better.. Have a wonderful evening.. George

Ex_Nancy

If you can't get the clock to work here, you can put one on your pc at home in the meantime, which is nice......You're doing GREAT on your quit too...CONGRATS on 56 DAYS!!!