Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

55 Days SMOKE-FREE

tracy0924
7 14 185

tracy0924_1-1637167888632.gif

Good morning everyone! Just a quick post to check in and let everybody know where I am at. Today is Day 55 and I’m feeling good about this quit! Yes I’ve had some ups and downs. And the downs have been pretty bad. But most of the days have been ups lately. I’m still using the 14 mg patch, which I will continue to do for another few days, then step down to 7 mg for the final two weeks. I do still occasionally chew the nicotine gum, usually a piece in the mornings when I would get up and smoke a lot of cigarettes, and then maybe one or two later in the day. I’m really chewing more of the spearmint gum now which seems to do me just fine. I’m really a horrible gum chewer and after parking it a few times and letting the nicotine do it soon, I continue to chomp on it after it is all worn out. It’s like my mouth never stops! I feel like a cow chewing it’s cud🐮😂! Not a pretty sight! LOL! So anyway it’s time to ditch the gum soon. I’ll carry Spearmint with me for when I get an urge!

It’s funny, but I was thinking to myself yesterday that rarely think of smoking or cigarettes anymore! It’s just not who I am anymore! Those of you who are just starting  on your quit journeys, please know that IT DOES GET EASIER!! No I have not forgotten the first couple of weeks of hell and distress! Those were horrible and I feel for all of you that are going through them now. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! You will come out of the other end feeling free and so much better than you did when you smoked. It takes different amounts of time for everyone, and I’m not saying that I still haven’t had a few bad days in the last couple of weeks. But for the most part the last month has been pretty good! I can now firmly say that I am a non-smoker! 
so keep the faith everyone! Stay on the path and you will get there! It is worth the trauma that you go through in the beginning to come out the other end of the tunnel a non-smoker. And NO I’m not wearing rose-colored glasses. I know I will still have down days that will happen, but because of the tools I have used and the support I have received on this site I know that I can make it through!

EVERYBODY HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!

tracy0924_2-1637167932165.giftracy0924_3-1637167963595.gif

14 Comments
About the Author
I am a 59 year old single female who loves animals, working in my yard and photography. I currently have 7 animals: 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 parrots. I love the outdoors, especially the ocean, and like to get outside as often as possible. I became very sick In 2017 and I was diagnosed with Myofibrillar Myopathy, a rare form of muscular dystrophy, in 2018, and had two major spinal surgeries to correct neuromuscular scoliosis, which was causing a 75° curve in my lumbar spine, in 2019. I then had my left knee replaced in 2020 (my right one had been replaced in 2016). So I have been through a lot of surgeries in the last six years. Not to mention several that came before that. I am on a quest to get healthier and I’m currently on a weight loss journey to lose 55lbs, which I’ve already lost 40lbs. I want to quit smoking while I am on my weight loss program so that I don’t gain weight during the quit! I’ve quit smoking several times in my life for over 2 years, and one time for 10 years! This time I want to quit for good! I know I can do it! It is just going to take willpower and the right state of mind. I’m hoping that this program and support group can help me achieve that! From what I have seen so far of the group, I want to remain a long-term member, and be able to share my advice and story 10 years down the road! I am finding that helping others quit, helps me stay quit!!