cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

545 Days quit... Hard times

Jordan-11-1-12
1 16 149

Going through a hard time in my life right now.... quitting doesn't stop the hard times but, once we really, truley understand that smoking only makes hard times worse, it's easier to shrug off the smoking thoughts that come with stress.  

I've been dreaming about smoking, which makes me laugh now, when I'm awake and aware....... but it just goes to show how strong and persistant this addiction is.   No matter how bad it gets, and it happens to be bad for me right now, I can smile and feel relief that i no longer smoke.   I feels so good to be able to laugh at the smoking thoughts because I am no longer a slave to Nicotine!!!

500 das ago I never would have believed it was possible, but I am FREE~!!!!     

I smoked 40 cigs a day when I quit... my entire day and night revolved around smoking.... but I did the suggested reading (whyquit.com  and Allen Carr's book)  and I came on this site many times a day, and payed attention to those who had YEARS OF QUIT TIME..... and I distracted from every smoking thought.... and, here I am, a week away from A YEAR AND A HALF smoke free..... and sooo happily FREE!!!!

NEVER give up!  NOPE=Not One Puff Ever

16 Comments
Courage

Yay, loved this! Congrats and thank you!

JonesCarpeDiem

keep the faith!

ninepatch
I wish you better days ahead. Thank goodness we chose to quit and chose Freedom.
Ladybug--7-3-12

Wonderful!  Nice to see you keeping strong in your smobriety!  ((Denise))

elims-09-14-13

Thanks you for sharing the real life parts of quitting - even 500+ days in. I hope things get better in your life soon.

promise_judy

Hope things will turn around for you soon.

Congrats on 545 days--way to go!

moody_9-18-13

Life happens whether we smoke or not. I'm glad we don't do that anymore!

Congratulations on always protecting your quit!

Strudel

Jordan - Congrats to you and I sure hope things look up very soon! Hugs! 

summer-07-06-15

Congratulations Friend!

Hope things will turn for the better.

smorgy8513

Jordan,     I'm sorry things are tough for you right now.....I hope and pray they get better soon.     I'm glad to see you here......I've missed you.        Isn't it all better being smoke free?

Love,

Sharon 268 days of Freedom!

Magstoyou

Hey Jordon

One more week and a year and a half-WOW-Congratulations!!

Glad to see you. Hope things get better soon!!

Mag288

Danno_11-10-12

Well done Jordan. Glad to know that you still recognize that smoking is not an option. Best wishes to you and hoping happier times lay ahead for you soon. 

Legend

You are doing great Congratulations!!!!!!!

I am proud of you. 

freeneasy

Good to hear from you my friend. Hope things change for the better soon. 

Polynha

I am sorry that you are going through a hard time now, I hope things get better for you soon,I am glad to see you here, I missed you!

Congratulations on 545 days of freedom!

Love and hugs! ((((((Jordan))))))

savedbygrace2

Jordan, I hope things have gotten better for you! You are such a strong and faithful inspiration to all of us. Thank you.