cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

52 days smoke and alcohol FREE

sbbain1
0 8 18

I know I've permanently quit this time.  I am  not counting the days as often unless I'm telling someone how long its been.  I hope I can encourage my other family members to quit soon too.  I'm filling my time with walking, eating healthy and training for a 5K. I actually went to a 5K this past Sunday with the intent to run and walk because I hadn't completed my 5K training (Iphone app), but just after walking 4-5 minutes to warm up and letting all the dachshunds and other dogs move to the right, I took off running and ran the whole thing.  I couldn't believe it, but it was such an accomplishment for me and my family was there with me.  I am going back tomorrow to see if I can run the whole thing again or if it was just the adrenaline. It was for a great cause (Central Texas Dachshund Rescue), but they didn't record times.  I've been training indoors on a treadmill and it's been very hot here in Austin, TX so I'm not used to running outdoors in the humidity. I want to run a full 5K and then I am going back to fast walking 5 miles a day.  At 48 years old, I don't want to wear out my knees or anything else. 

I'm going to NOLA this weekend on a bus trip with 28 couples and I'm not sure if I will drink alcoholic beverages or not. Right now I'm kind of on a health kick now and have been losing weight and watching what I eat.  I know if I drink, I won't over indulge like I used to and I WON'T SMOKE!

I hope everyone else is doing good and getting the most from this website.  I'm so thankful for all of you and this website for helping me during this difficult journey.  God Bless!

8 Comments