cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

500 days smokefree today! xo

joyeuxencore
0 43 499

One of our members posted this...It was written by a friend of his on another site and it had a profound effect on me...Thanks Mike. I keep it handy at all times.

"It isn't enough to pick a 'quit' date.....it isn't enough to run out and stock up on hard candies, or celery sticks, or apple wedges......it isn't enough to tell everyone about the 'great quit date'.....it isn't enough to go through the ritual of the smoking the last cigarette, of cleaning out the ash trays, of throwing away the lighters.......it isn't enough to walk away from those cigarettes.....

You have to want that quit, heart and soul, you have to want that quit just as much as you want your next breath, you have to take care of that quit as if it were a sick child....with tender loving arms, you have to decide each day that your life is worth so much more than a tobacco filled tube. You have to FEEL that quit, starting from your toes, all the way up to the top of your head. You have to cherish each milestone, big and small...and build on them, like a sand castle. Each day adding granules of sand, to make that beautiful sculpture that you are so proud of.

At the end of each day, you have to smile and KNOW in your HEART that you did what was best for you, for your quit, because if you don't feel it as strong as life itself, then it will eventually slip away out to sea.

I realized today that I want this quit, there is NOTHING that I will give it up for. NOTHING!!!!!"

It is SO good to be alive...It is so amazing to be from nicotine addiction. It is SO doable. xo

43 Comments
LouiseR

Love this blog! You just reaffirmed my quit.  Congrats on 500 days!!!!

Thomas3.20.2010
Congratulations, Teddy!!!! Life is worth living Addiction FREE!!!!
cheyenne7

Joy....500 hundred days....that's phenomenal!!!!!

You are so sweet, and so kind!!

I hope you treat yourself to something real special, like you are!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

YoungAtHeart

cheyenne7

Here I call you Joy....and your name is Teddy, I didn't know.....Well, everything I said applies to you Teddy : ))  XXOO

candylance

Love this blog and see why you keep it always!! NOTHING is worth giving up my QUIT!!! Congratulations on 500 days to one of the dearest women I've ever "MET"!! YOU"RE just a wonderful person to "KNOW", Joyeux!! Much love!!

Candy     d191

savedbygrace2

You are amazing lady!!!!! Keep on keeping on and being the AWSOME example you have been to us all. Lots of love!!

Anna ~191~

jacks1125

Congrat on 500 days of smoke-freedom.....fantasic blog.... A big hug and lots of love to you! Yes life is beautiful ,when u are cigg free!!

Tasha795-2

Congrats on 500 days of smoke freedom. Yep everyword is so true.

I have an analogy that goes like this. Smoking was abusive to self, revorery from smoking is the most loving thing we can do for ourselves. It takes work and commitment for sure.

Lovely post and so true. d 1330

Billy_8-3-2013

Congratulations! 

ninepatch

Congrats on your first 500 days!  Always love reading your blogs anod responses.  This info is so true for me.  I had to really want this and then set it in stone.  Congrats again

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

cheryl_1-1-14

Congrats on 500 beautiful days of freedom.  Thanks for the encouraging blog.  Makes a lot of sense.

Chris265

Congrats

Ladybug--7-3-12

Congrats on 500 days smoke free!  Wonderful!  Enjoy the Freedom!  Patty d625

Storm.3.1.14

That's...simply...amazing. Wow! Thank you so much, Teddy, for sharing this battle cry with all of us on your 500th day of freedom.

Onward to 1000!

Storm (day 20)

Polynha

Congratulations on 500 days Joy! I hope you celebrate. Hugs and love!

Michwoman

500 Days is spectacular!!  Congratulations my friend!  Love you!

Brenda_M

Congratulations, friend!!!! You are such an inspiration and big part of this place. I hope you do something awesome to celebrate!

newlife5

congratulations my friend!!! thank you you are such an inspiration to us all!!!

freeneasy

Congratulations TeddyJoy! You are Too Marvelous for Words! 

lindan_7-14-10

EXcellent!!!!! Congrats Teddy on 500 FREEDOM days♥

froguelady

Congratulations!!! 500 smoke free days is an awesome quit for an awesome lady.

Love the blog.

phyllis-12-7-15

FANTASTIC MY FRIEND. HUGE HUGS!!!!!!

Strudel

Teddy! Congrats on 500 days! What a fabulous blog! You are such a very special lady!! CELEBRATE this special accomplishment! Love ya! 

Kathy

Sootie

Teddy---Congratulations Lady!!! 500 big ones........but of course, this is just the begining of the rest of a wonderful free life!!!!

Bonnie11.3.2009

500 Days is Awesome!! Congratulations and have a wonderful celebration!!

Jaxson1-16-14

Congratulations on 500 days, that phenomenal!! You are such an inspiration!! HUGS to you!! 🙂

ShawnP

Congratulations!!!

pir8fan

Thank you for sharing the joy that you feel on this day! It was the most impowering milestone of all for me!

Thank you also for the joy you spread here so often! You bring so much to so many! You will never know how many lives you have touched! Nor will you know how many lives you have saved! But, even if it was only one..........................

johio

Congrats on 500....You are awesome !!!!!

Rick_M

Teddy congrats 500 day no smoke is big. I am so proud of you. Nice to be free huh....

Mrs.Rum

Huge congratulations!!  I love seeing these accomplishments.  🙂

Julia_Amy

Wonderful blog and wonderful quit!  500 days!  BRAVO JOY, BRAVO!!!! 

P.S.  You really are a joy to all of us, what a good day it was when you joined this community.

wishingstar

Teedy. thats awesome grats on !!!!!!and thanks for sharing I need stuff like this pouned in my head

Patty-cake

Hi Teddy,

Such wise words from and even wiser lady. Congratulations on 500 days of freedom. It's an amazing journey that we are on, isn't it?

I was just looking at pictures from our Orlando trip and came across this one of you and I. We never have to worry about anyone taking a picture of us smoking ever again. 🙂

Patty-cake

I tried to put 500 candles of this cake for you. How does it look?

Carol5

Carol5

Carol5

Congrats on surrending and reaching for a healthier you. 

XO ya

Carol

moody_9-18-13

Teddy, I missed this blog a couple of weeks ago, but I will never forget you. Your comments to my early blogs, how you took the time to reach out to me and share advice,  your beautiful spirit and love of life spills over to everyone you touch. 

Thank you for helping me find the kinder, gentler, calmer woman that was living inside me. Now that she's not wasting so much time with smoking, she has time to really smell the roses. God bless you for sharing your knowledge, encouragement and love. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a special angel.

Congratulations on closing the chapter on 500 and moving forward to the next 500!

Love and hugs,

Moody

marilyn_marmac

I can't believe I missed your post until now! 😞

Happy Belated 500 days!  I have been thinking of you. I hope everything is going good and you are loving every moment of life.

I think I'm going through a period of growth. I felt the need to get off the internet and get on with real 3D life! That meant diconnecting from my normal daily contact with my Exfamily and part of me feels guilty but the other part of me is rejoicing in the fact that I can live a normal life without a cigarette or having to be connected to the group at all times. But...you have my email and my phone number so contact me whenever you want. Hugs my sweet, sweet lady.

mscherokee

Thank You For helping me find the courage to do this not for me but those that Love me! your words will help me to Not pick that smoke up!