cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

50 days and nicotine-free!

PennyLynn7407
1 14 33

I couldn't be happier with how things are going. Yes, I admit, I had a junkie panic moment mid-morning yesterday after taking the last patch off at 5:15 am. But it was just a moment. I am happy to be nicotine-free!

Also, I 've been a little tired and cranky, but some of this is because our air conditioner is out and it's hot in every room but one. A bedroom with a window a/c where everyone bunks together and which we all use for a few minutes throughout the day as a place of refuge from the sometimes overwhelming south Louisiana heat.

I don't really crave or want cigarettes because I have made a decision not to smoke again, and also prayer takes care of the craves/desires, for me at least. I've been taking it one day at a time. And when junkie thoughts come up about smoking, I know it's just the addiction talking. I think to myself,  "I don't do that anymore, and I am happy to be free!" and the thoughts dissipate.

50 Days of freedom today at 11:55 am! But it sure took me a long time to get here. And many tries. And I don't ever want to go back to Day 1. I am keeping my guard up, and am even more vigilant than usual right now because I just got off the patch. Today at Sunday Mass I will give thanks that I am free. Time to get ready.

14 Comments
SimplySheri
Congratulations!!! Your quit looks lovely on you and you have the perfect mindset for a forever quit....one day at a time.
shashort

Woohoo Penny congratulations on 50 days!!!!  Wow no air conditioner I think I would be cranky too.... no wait I know I would be cranky lol.  Hope you get your air conditioner fixed soon.  Isn't it great to know nicodemon is no longer in control. I am at day 30 today and so great to know I am in control!!  We are in control WOOHOO!!! Keep stacking the days.

Magstoyou

Congratulations on 50 Days

Way to go Penny, so happy for you. Keep going forward.

Mag1062DOF

Barbara145

Penny Lynn.  Wow!  I know God got me through my quit and I know He will get you through yours.  You are doing great.  Congratulations on 50 DAYS.

YoungAtHeart

50 DAYS?

Daniela2016

... 856beverly and Freed92014...Congrats to both on 50 FREEDOM days

crazymama_Lori

this is great news.  My rough time off the patch came a week later when I believe my brain was a little mad about no more nicotine being fed to it.  Just remember to laugh.  Laugh at those crazy thoughts as Dale says.  I had off and on depression, but I got around that by taking walks, doing errands, talking to someone, watching some goofy show on TV.  Come here as often as you need to, if you need to.  we'll all be here to listen 😉

JACKIE1-25-15

I am so proud of you.  Congratulations on 50 days smoke free....Protect your quit. 

JACKIE1-25-15

I am so proud of you.  Congratulations on 50 days smoke free....Protect your quit. 

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

MarilynH

EXcellent, keep stacking up your precious smoke free days ,you are doing super fantastic and a huge Congratulations on your awesome 50 DOF and counting. 

bonniebee

I am proud of you too pennylynn ! You are doing so well and it shows how positive thinking is so powerful !

Congrats on your 50 days of freedom !

Thomas3.20.2010

Congratulations, Penny!

Keep your Eyes on the Prize and you will continue to breeze through NML!

elvan

Congratulations on 50 days, you sound WONDERFUL!