Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

5 Months today for Sawbuckjohn

sawbuckjohn
0 13 17

Hello everyone,

Well,  I have been Nicotene free for 150 days, which may or may not be 5 months.., but calender-wise it's 5 months. I want to let newer-newbies(I'm still a newbie) know that it does get better, and it does get easier. I hardly ever want to smoke, and haven't had a real craving for at least 3 months. I feel better,even though I'm a COPD person of the Chronic Bronchitus Variety. I check in on this site every day, and I get support when I need it. I've made some friends, seen some come and go, but feel sure they'll be back. I don't know anyone who got it on the first try. I'd like to thank everyone for the help, and let you know that I might respond on the blog, instead of individually.

13 Comments
freeneasy

Great job congrats John!

JonesCarpeDiem

Great Job Jogn!

Jaxson1-16-14

HUGE congratulations on 5 months! You are ROCKIN it!! 🙂

moody_9-18-13

John, good going on this, your forever quit! 5 months is a major milestone! Congratulations and keep moving forward! WE GOT THIS! 🙂 

GreenThumb3

Congrats on 150 /5months your one of the few left that quit shortly after me that's still around I'm not sure if any of the New Year's Eve quits are left ? Keep it up were going to make 6 % club and keep going I can feel it 

elvan

Congratulations, John.  As a fellow COPD'er, it is so much of a daily reminder of how much BETTER things are going to be without smoking.  I have NO desire to smoke any more and when I smell smoke, it is a disgusting memory and I cannot believe I smelled like that.

So happy to be on this journey with you and so grateful for your help along the way.

Ellen 

annb
Congratulations! So happy for you achieving Freedom! And thanks for being another inspiring traveler to follow!! Onward we go! We are gonna raise that % soon!!
Magstoyou

Congratulations John on 5 months!!! What an accomplishment-Keep going forward!!

Great Job!! Headed for the 6% club!!!

Mag326d

Strudel

Way to go! Congrats on 5 months!! 

linda.mustafa
Congratulations John,brilliant 🙂
linda258

Fantastic News!

Ladybug--7-3-12

Congrats on 5 months smoke free!  WTG!  Keep shouting those milestones out loud & clear whether it be on important cumulative days or months (there will always be some special ones of both for all of us -- special days, months AND of course YEARS!).  Pausing to reflect  & acknowledge where we are at in our smobriety, continued gratefulness for it AND rewarding ourselves for our "steps" (whatever that means to each of us personally) IS VERY important.  Onward to your 6 month (?) celebratory milestone!  Patty d705

sawbuckjohn

Thanks Everyone!! We all know how hard this journey is, and how help from each other can ease the Pains and share the Joys. I couldn't do this without y'all! Thank You So Much!!