cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

5.5 Years

kristen-9-7-15
7 13 132

Hello!  It’s been awhile. I’m proud to say I quit smoking 5.5 years ago. From where I was at the beginning of this quit journey, I never thought I would make it. EVER!  But I did and you will too! If you’re struggling, just break your goals into tiny segments if you need to... go without a cigarette for 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day....whatever works for you. Then, celebrate those milestones. Just know that it gets easier as time goes on. I don’t miss smoking one bit! 

What’s going on in my life? I got my 2nd dose of the COVID vaccine so that’s cool. I feel like I’m starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I’m also planning round two of my wedding. We had to postpone due to COVID. We had a small backyard wedding with just immediate family back in August and coming up in June, we will have our reception. We are starting to house hunt too. Busy, busy, busy.

what has everyone been up to around here? 

Aaaand...of course I can’t write a blog without a picture of my fur son. Oliver on his 2nd birthday.

03D8A5A5-82A5-4F55-8F46-3394C7B53E38.jpeg
9546E592-CED0-428F-BB4E-10C097883A0B.jpeg

~ Kristen

13 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on 5.5, finally beginning to have at least part of your dream wedding, and, of COURSE Oliver's second birthday.  He looks just like the devil I know he IS!

Good to hear from you  - glad your life is getting back on track and that it is STILL smoke free!

RachelMB

Always great to see you girl!  So glad all is well.  I just love the pics!   I can't believe how time flies-I'm coming up on 5 years this October.  xoxoxo

MarilynH

A super congrats on your precious quit journey Kristen YAY for 5.5 splendiferous Smokefree years and counting YAY for each and every YEAR WON with many more to come! and Happy 2nd birthday to a very handsome Oliver.

6179d08adbde7edf72353f1ab6360437.jpg

Mandolinrain

Hi there! Congrats! I have been away from the site and just getting back involved myself. I have not forgotten about your painting and I will get to it soon. XOXO Hugs to Oliver

kristen-9-7-15

That’s awesome RachelMB!

JACKIE1-25-15

It is good that you came so we could celebrate your quit.

Oliver looks like he likes to be front and center.

Keep Dreaming

maryfreecig

Awesome! Congratulations on 5.5 and thanks for sharing, Kristen.

Barbscloud

Congrats on 5.5 years.  That's fabulous.  I get my second dose of the vaccine on Wednesday-it's like winning the lottery here.  I just celebrated Charlie's birthday also--it's really  his rescue date.  

Good to hear from you.

Barb

Jennifer-Quit

So happy for you - for many reasons!  Congratulations on your quit and your marriage. House hunting - so exciting!  And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Oliver!

indingrl

Kristen

JonesCarpeDiem

VERY COOL!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Giulia

Sorry I'm late to the party.  What a FACE!!!!   Happy for you for getting shot #2 and for upcoming reception and for house hunting AND FOR 5.5 SMOKE FREE YEARS!!!!  

CrazyQuitter

Great and fantastic work, Kirsten! I am so proud of you for making it this far. I encourage you to keep coming back to help others like I do! It's such a rewarding and amazing feeling! I have been smoke free for nearly 8 years and 3 months and I only just came back sometime last year to see how everyone has been going. By all means please keep coming back and blog about how you've been doing! It'll keep newbies distracted from their cravings. You can help in so many ways!

About the Author
I was a closet smoker or at least I like to think I was. After quitting smoking there is NO WAY my smoking was a secret; how could it be with the awful smell??!! This site made all the difference in my Forever Quit! Smoke free since September 7, 2015