Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4th of July Bonfire is now beginning!!!

ShawnP
1 225 1,140
  Come celebrate your freedom!

Your fuel for the fire is.....Number of days that you are smoke free x the number of cigarettes that you used to smoke per day. If you would like, Here is a link  that has some quit keeper programs that your can download to your computer.   They show your number of days, how much you saved, how many cigarettes you didn't smoke and some other facts. You can use these statistics for the bonfire 😉

Bonfire will continue til Monday at midnight! 

Join in on the fun. Feel free to share food and music if you wish. 

The bonfire that we had back in February totalled 2,364,418. That was our all time high. Do you think we can beat it?? Let's try! 

Tags (1)
225 Comments
MarilynH

Good afternoon, the fruit and especially the chocolate look delicious, I thought I'd stop in and toss in another 30 of the nasty cigarettes that won't be smoked by me into the bon fire, enjoy your 4th of July everyone. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Giulia

Happy 4th everybody.  Throwing in another 52 unsmoked killers (since the original number I posted on Sat.)  See how quickly they add up!!!! 

Here's to pink lungs!

TerrieQuit

Yay for pink lungs! Here's my 50 for yesterday and another 50 for today! EWEEEE!!

Happy 4th of July,everyone!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!                 Terrie 363 days free!

Thomas3.20.2010

Please toss 30 more Sickerettes in the fire for me!

Life is too short to smoke it away!

sandi8

Michwoman

I finally made it!!!!  WOOHOOO !! I am here to throw in the more than 48,140 cigarettes that Al & I have not smoked!!  We have also saved at least $14,442!!! WOW!!!!

Happy Independence Day to us all!

Jennifer-Quit

Throw in another 40 for me!  Back in the day I would have smoked at least that many in the past 2 days. Great party Shawn!

Patty-cake

Hello everyone! Happy Indepence Day. What better day to celebrate our quits than this symbolic day of Independence and Freedom.

Please stand back from the fire because I'm adding 29,753 of not smoked cigarettes to the blaze!

This represents 4 yrs and 26 days of Freedom for me. I've saved $14,876 of which I invested toward my retirement (Important because I expect to be living longer and have no plans on sitting on the sidelines of life).

Rick_M

Happy 4 th everyone. I got 40 more to throw in the fire. Great job Shawny....

ShawnP

Kandi left me a message and it said

"Throwing in my 1,632 unsmoked cigs!! Happy 4th from rainy VA (visiting our 4 youngest grandchildren). So glad I gave smoking up so these kids don't smell that awful cig odor on me anymore. Yay!"

joycequit022316

Shawn, I already knew you are quite the encourager, but didn't know about your party-throwing skills. This has been a blast to see all the additions of music, food,  beverage, and most of all - fuel to the fire.

I hit 131 days today, so should be through the worst. I gladly conribute 5,279 not smoked cigarettes. 

Thanks for doing this! It has been really fun

mtc

Happy Freedom Day !! I am tossing 5 thousand nasties in the bonfire, Shawn, I could not do this without my special ex friends, you are great at this and keep me coming back! I am also tossing the zero nicotine vape into the bonfire, I thought after 6 months, I could do no nicotine and just vape. I dont want to loose my quit!

Brenda_M

23,803 to toss on!

TerrieQuit

This has been a really great party, Shawn! Thank You!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Here is another 120 for the last two days from Brandy if we can use them!

lisa11209

Thank you for the great Bon fire! I have 44,875 unsmoked nasties to throw in the flames. 

Julia_Amy
Hi everyone! Haven't been by in awhile but wanted to make my contribution to the bonfire...47,450...yikes!
HealthyOrange

Throwing 6,835 unsmoked cigarettes in the bonfire!  Here's to us!!  Yes!!  Happy Fourth of July everyone!!

pir8fan

2,260,309 with an hour and a half to go! We are 104,110 short of breaking our all time record!

pir8fan

Almost forgot! Savedbygrace has 21,560 to contribute!!

New total 2,281,869

NewMe

I'm stopping by to toss in 40 more from the past two days. Great party Shawn! You are the hostess with the mostest!

tjanddj

Throwing in 24 more.

Giulia

You're the best hostess Shawn.  Thank you so much taking the time to bring us all together.  Means a lot!

shashort

Your the greates Hostess. Had a blast especially here and as well video chat.  Thanks for all you do here to help us newbies. Also for bringing everyone together.  Bug Hugs!!!

Magstoyou

Throwing in 25 more!!

Mag

elvan

21,560 cigarettes going into the bonfire from me after 1078 days of freedom.  Happy New Year everyone!

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later