Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4th of July Bonfire is now beginning!!!

ShawnP
1 225 1,143
  Come celebrate your freedom!

Your fuel for the fire is.....Number of days that you are smoke free x the number of cigarettes that you used to smoke per day. If you would like, Here is a link  that has some quit keeper programs that your can download to your computer.   They show your number of days, how much you saved, how many cigarettes you didn't smoke and some other facts. You can use these statistics for the bonfire 😉

Bonfire will continue til Monday at midnight! 

Join in on the fun. Feel free to share food and music if you wish. 

The bonfire that we had back in February totalled 2,364,418. That was our all time high. Do you think we can beat it?? Let's try! 

Tags (1)
225 Comments
Giulia

I'll blow on the embers 'til tomorrow morning when it re-ignites...

Puff-TM-Draggin

Hey ... let a dragon help keep the fire burnin'.  Just tucked in the little lizards for the night.  I know!  Bad dad, letting them stay up so late.  But, hey, it's summer!  Let me see.  What can I throw on these coals to light things up 'til morn?  How about ... 3080 cigarettes?  Of course, the stench will be unbearable, so please stand upwind, folks.

POOF!!!

Ahh!  Very good.  Wow!  I can see all the way to Timbucktoo with this lamp.

= )

Ladybug--7-3-12

Tip toeing in pulling my little red wagon with 29,240 nasty cancer sticks I didn't smoke in my 4 Years Smober to add to the fire!  Burn'em up!  Patty    

bonniebee

I don't know how I forgot about this bonfire last night I had been thinking of it off and on all day long ! I am so glad it is still going !!!!

So here I am with 10,220 unsmoked yakies to gladly throw into that beautiful bonfire ! I have saved approximately $ 2,453.00 ( 1 pack a day ) if I lived in a different state it would be even more but NH has a lower tax on  those yakies !

Off to work now I will drop in later ! Thanks Shawn for a lovely bonfire party !

Everyone on Ex Rocks ! You all have made me a winner  in this quit thing !!!! 🙂

linda.mustafa

Hi Shawn , hi everybody -here are my numbers of smoke free life -I'm adding 16,420 poisonous sticks to the bonfire with 821 days and forward we go >>>

Happy 4th of July my American friends , may you have a great day !

Thank you Shawn for reminding  me -Hugsssss xx

Pops

Good morning EXers!  Pops made it safely to Ohio, and I'd like to contribute to the bonfire with 1,600 smokes not smoked during my 40 wonderful days of freedom that I didn't smoke 40 smokes per day!!!

Have a great 4th

Pops

meWisconsin

19740 smokes to put in the fire.

Terry

ShawnP

Good morning ya'll!!! It's still burning! Thanks to those that have stayed up and blew those embers lol and who have been adding fuel to it. We had a good video chat. I won't tell much but there was 5 of us in the end and boy were we laughing to the point there was tears. We will probably try to do it again later tonight. I will be in and out today. Have church and a picnic to attend. Keep this fire burning. We have til monday midnight.

ShawnP

breakfast is on

And we can't forget that hot coffee and bacon!! yum

ShawnP

Yesssss I have all 3 sounds, water,  fire crackling and birds chirping!

Campfire by the river-relaxing fireplace and nature sounds- Robin Birdsong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftm2uv7-Ybw

JACKIE1-25-15

The food and the drinks look great. 

ShawnP

good morning Jackie, thank you!

ShawnP

Nana is out of state and can't make it. She has 38,370 nasties to toss in.

ShawnP

Bonnie wasn't sure if she would make and left me hers as well. Stand back, this fire is going to blaze. She has 72,990!!!

pir8fan

kristen-9-7-15

Throwing in 11,989 cancer sticks! Yuck!!

elvan

Add another 20 for me today.

smorgy8513

I'm throwing in 21,259!!!!

Also added 10 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours and 35 minutes to my life!!!!

Will stop back after church and bring more food!

sharon

johio

21360 for me

cpsono

Hi everyone. I'm adding 8068 cigs to the fire that I have not smoked in 403 days of glorious freedom.  Happy 4th!  CP

Nix

63 days for me which is 1260 ish nasty cigarettes. Wooohhooo, thats a nice feeling 

SarahP

Better late than never!  Cindy (Determined in Dakotas) and I are enjoying a nice holiday visit. I'm throwing in 38,793 unsmoked cigarettes to keep this fire burning! 

Cindy quit a month before me, so she estimates another 40,000 to toss in! 

Have a great smoke-free holiday everyone!

TerrieQuit

Good morning everyone! I laughed so hard last night my cheeks hurt! If you get a chance join the video call it's a blast!

Just what I needed! See you in a little while! I am going to check the fire!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

bipin_nair

Love the positivity on this blog. I am currently a smoker and tomorrow the 4th of July will be my quit date. I am determined to make this my last ever quit. Desperately need to make it stick this time. I smoked my way from being able to run 4 miles non-stop to huffing and puffing to walk 0.5 miles. Am trying not to shame myself this time, but to grow with positivity. Thank you guys for being here.

Giulia

Welcome to the Bonfire bipin!  We party here all the time smoke free.  Gotta get you back to those 4 miles a dayi!

Here's some mid-afternoon music for y'all:  I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND by you know who.

And some bacon, ranch and dill roasted corn on the cob...

Actually that looks NASTY!  Let's try some plain old butter..

Giulia

Nachos anyone?

Storm.3.1.14

I finally made it to the party!

Fresh from this weekend's South Carolina State Peach Festival, I've brought a few baskets of fuzzy-skinned sweeties...

And, what kind of Southern Gentleman would I be if I didn't serve up some peachy iced tea...

Enjoy! 

I'll go gather up my unsmoked cigarettes and be right back...

TerrieQuit

Yummy those nachos look great, Giulia! Brandy and I are cooking this!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

crazymama_Lori

I'll toss in another 40 that I probably would have smoked since yesterday.  Been feeling super irritated here lately and that's when I chain smoked the worst.  I'll be over tomorrow to throw another 40 in.   To think I was throwing away $14.00 a day just on something that was slowly killing me and silently too

TerrieQuit

Hi, Storm, the peaches look fresh and juicy! Good to see you made it to the party. 

Good to see you here too, Lori!

Storm.3.1.14

Since quitting, I have refused to smoke 18,840 cigarettes. I'm here to glady throw those hateful things onto the bonfire!

My name is Storm (really!), and I stopped poisoning myself 856 days ago (2 years, 4 months, 3 days, 8 hours). I have saved $3,952.58, and have added 65 days and 10 hours to my life.

crazymama_Lori

Just a little somethin' for later

shashort

Oh my gosh every thing looks so good.  And Lori you got my attention with that yummy smore. Yum Yum making my mouth water watching that choc drip. 

My name is Sharon back here today to throw 20 more nasty smokes in the fire for a total of 1,020 smokes in my 51 days I have not smoked.

Here Lori more smore ingredients to enjoy 🙂

Woohoo!  I learned how to copy pictures during a crave. Thankful the urge was constructive instead of whining. lol

Everyone have a great 4th of July

ShawnP

I am baaaaacccck! I had a lovely picnic. Wow this food looks great guys!!!

I am in the process of making the patriotic deviled eggs and i am also making this for tomorrow.

ShawnP

Rock your body & Can't stop the feeling- Justin Timberlake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4onPsBIPUbY

ShawnP

Every year I watch Eurovision. This year was the first one i missed. I was in Vegas with the Ex group. Eurovision is like American Idol but takes place in Europe. Each country votes. Sakis Rouvas is one of my favorite Greek Singers. He won a few different years.

This first song is called "Shake it" It has a catchy tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZwDUTEXls

This next song of his was a winner too. It is called "this is our night"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cXpPgJXT4c#t=5.515208

The lyrics could relate to us in our quits. Here they are

Take a chance, and take a hold

give it all, and turn it to gold
time has come, so make a stand
on your own, and take command
Beat the odds, you will survive
stronger now, you feel alive
Rising up, get into place
feel it in your heart,
When you are, winning this race
When I look into your eyes
It comes, as no surprise

[ Chorus ] x 2
This is our night, fly, to the top baby
yes we can do it, just wait and see
This is our night, time, for a change baby
get rid of the old, take a hold, and be free
[-Chorus ]

This is our night

Counting down, the night of nights
Getting now, to stand and fight
Don't back down, just look within
Do it now, I know you will
When I look into your eyes
it comes as no surprise

joedice711

hi everyone i wish i could hang out but i came to throw in my butts..5200 stinky things..   hope to stop by tomorrow for awhile..shawn as i said before you are awesome girl...a special shout out to kristen congrats on 300 days go girl.                          .love all you guys and girls..

Mrs.Rum

11,590 butts to throw on.  

I sure don't miss not smoking them.  Not even a little bit.

ShawnP

Here is another inspirational song......

Dima Bilan- Believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-72s4WzUcKI

christine_s

Hello All,

I would like to add 1293 cigarettes UNSMOKED to this Bonfire. Quit 107 days ago...Woohoo Happy Fourth of July...Bringing one Peach Pie Freshly Baked. : )

Image result for holiday peach pie

bonniebee

How is everyone doing today i dropped in early this morning to burn up my yakies .....10,220 of them boy did that get those embers burning again ! I hope you are all having a wonderful 4th of July and Canada Day w/e ! I had to work today but i am off for tomorrow ! I would like to have brought some barbecued chicken but can't post so  hope someone brngs some to go with that absolutely delicious looking corn on the cob ! I haven't had any this summer I am waiting for my farmer down the road to harvest his delicios sweet corn !

Congrats to all of us Ex'ers and good luck and blessings for  all the newbies here tonight !

Thanks Shawn !!!

Giulia

Here ya go Bonnie..........apricot glazed BBQ chicken no less!

Or how 'bout kebabs...

And let us not forget the slaw!  This one with apples and poppy seeds!

And what's a picnic without some ants!

And for dessert:

ShawnP

ShawnP

Sharon learning to post pics??? Hooray for you!!!!

MarilynH

All these pics of food is making me hungry, especially the freshly baked peach pie Christine posted, anyway here's another 30 of the nasty, stinky cigs that I would have smoked today but thankfully throwing them in the bon fire is much more fun now!!!!

Legend

Tommy James&the Shondell_Crytal Blue persuasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN38vED24Eg

Stac2

Happy 4th  everyone!  Here's 11,930 sickorettes not smoked to throw on that fire!

Magstoyou

Wow, food looks great.

Tossing in 25 more cigs

Mag

Legend

Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life (2009) HQ 0815007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZzM1XlLpLU

Legend

Thank you for hosting the bonfire Shawn.

I am tossing in 56,057 unsmoked cigarettes into the fire.

Christine - Free and Healing for Seven Years, Eight Months, Three Days, 19 Hours and 55 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 194 Days and 15 Hours, by avoiding the use of 56057 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $12,292.65.

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later