cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

48 hours

simrho
0 27 311

i just passed 48 hours.   when does this get easy?

27 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

When I can pronounce your name

simrho

oh fine that sounds promising.  and i don't know where that user name came from. 

simrho

just gettin a little squirrely.  don't usually talk about stuff like this.

JonesCarpeDiem

I wouldn't get to squrelly about getting help. this is a fantastic place

newlife5

congrats on your decision to quit... withdraws hang in for 72 hours.. so your almost there... the rest of the battle is mental addiction...

it doesnt get Easy per se... but it does get easier to handle... mr jones is an elder here ... he is the backbone of some of our quits...

come here to the blogs often.. read and learn alot about your addiction and you will make it through....

welcome

Madyzsgocka

and see if you can change that name. We have problems with spammers, names like that look very suspect, that's why Mr. Jones said what he said. 

triomommy27

It will get easier! You will start to see all your hard work payoff soon! Keep deep breathing! 🙂

simrho

oh ok.  i was under suspicion i get it.  like facebook yes?  and the mental addiction is the one i fear the most.  it has no 3 day limitations.   thanks for the welcoming comments.

simrho

i went back to edit profile to try to change it but didn't see the option right away.  also battle adult ADD so if i don't see it right away it ain't gonna happen.  ADD also hinders my quit.  oh my gosh ive been dying to tell sombody that.

maggie_8-1-2010

Hi! Here are some links to sites that will really help you as they have so many here.

http://digg.com/news/lifestyle/Allen_Carr_s_Easy_Way_To_Stop_Smoking_Download_free_PDF

http://quitsmokingonline.com/

http://www.whyquit.com/joel/dayzero.htm

http://www.whyquit.com

http://www.whyquit.com/whyquit/A_FreeRelapseInsurance.html

The 3rd one down will helop you understand what to expect at the beginning of your quit. Just scroll down half way on the page.

Check out the first 2 maybe start with the first one - it's a quick read, but eirther one will really help you understand about the nicotine addiction. And they have very positive approaches. Remember to drink plenty of water and some juice.

ATry some stretching exercises to relieve the tension. It really helps also. Best wishes to you. You CAN do this!

maggie_8-1-2010

Me again! If you want to change you "name" this is how to do it!

Click on edit profile at the top of your page. At your right you'll see the word settings. Click on that. It will take you to a page that tell you that you can change details at Becomeanex.org in red. Click on that and voila! Change your screenname and save.

That's all there is to it. Let me know if you need further help.

simrho

Got It!

mita

After 72 hours of not smoking went out and bought a pack. Smoked three. Disgusted wet the packet and threw it away. Just went to the trash can to see if these could be saved. Lucky for me the cleaning ladies got to the trash can before I did. I work out of the house. So tempted to go out again to get a second packet. Will not. Am chewing furiously hose nicorette lozenges. Today is the hardest. First three days I was with my husband away on a trip - I did not miss smoking except in the morning. Gosh I want to smoke a ciggy - this entire house is a trigger - I need to be on a permanent vacation - when with the family on vacation I just dont feel the need to smoke because I know they are watching me and so I dont. Home alone......

simrho

oh i feel your pain mfaupair.  that's me exactly.

simrho

so is it anybody's belief that if you stumble...and smoke a cig or two...you have not ruined your quit.  didn't happen right?  it doesn't put you back to square one does it?  as long as you didn't continue?  oh the guilt the guilt!

JonesCarpeDiem

The quit starts from your last puff. The guilt

terri54

I'm on day one and I took Maggie's advice and read the first book in her list.  I'm on book 2 and I can say that I am feeling very positive because of the e-books.  They really help you see things in a different light.  The reading will help you do something else with your thinking and time.  The first book will answer the question "It doesn't put you back to square one...?"  Don't feel guilty, you just made a decision to smoke another one that is all.  You need to think of smoking as an addiction and when you quit you are going to have a better life so read the book.  It gets rid of all your negative thinking and you will be positive.  I'm doing it to.  I seen that 80 million Americans have quit since I think 1996.  If they can do it we can do it.

simrho

i hear ya jonesie!

simrho

so i gave my husband my debit and credit cards to keep me out of convenience stores right........mailman brings an envelope with 5 one dollar bills in it.  hahahahaha!!!  looked like an invitation to me.  not going to do it, but is that funny to anybody else? 🙂

simrho

I have read the Allen Carr book before.  am reading it again right now.  thanks guys for talking to me.  today was hard.

JonesCarpeDiem

Is that pronounced Simmer-Ho?

simrho

nope.  sim-rho

simrho

just passed 48 hours AGAIN!

simrho

simrho

simrho

okay somebody.....how long does the irritability last? 

simrho

96 hours and pretty impatient and dang crabby.