cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

47 days now....Thanks for all the kind words you all left on my last blog!

janetlynn
0 10 19

Yep had one of those crazy out of know where urges today...been stressed about my back pain...yesterday spent the day hiking felt pretty good...and then today felt like crap again..yesterday 70 degrees out today...back to 50 and windy. Calling for snow again on Tuesday?? Oh winter has to end! Any way I successfully made it thru the crave..cried on hubbies shoulder for a while..Was not actually about smokes or even wanting to smoke...I was stressed  about other things..and felt like throwing in the towel with everything...the old self abuse thing...I would smoke that was my way of throwing in the towel...fail and refail and self abuse all rolled into one! Today at church however the Pastor was discussing how we all fail...and that god forgives us anyways...but doesn't mean that keeping making the same bad choices. Something I have learned in this quit...that one smoke not only ruins my quit...it awakens that part of the brain that was dying...the one you want to die. I don't want to wake them receptors up...there is never just one smoke, there is just the first smoke...that starts you back to smoking! Staying quit is easier then caving to 1 that leads to more..that leads to starting all over and also wrecking all the healing my body has done in the last 47 days! NOPE!

10 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You got that RIGHT!  It is better to be an ex-smoker who thinks about smoking every once in awhile than a smoker who thinks about quitting ALL the time!

You did today what non-smokers do when they feel under stress.  You released it with tears --- you are learning a new way of coping instead of hiding behind that smokescreen.

Good for you!

Nancy

moody_9-18-13

Congratulations on 47 days of freedom!

Good job on showing those receptors who's boss!

Magstoyou

Congrats on 47 days!!!

You beating this crave makes you stronger if another comes along!!

You did great using your tools and knowing it will pass!!!

It will get better, I promise!!!

Mag236days

janetlynn

It is better to be an ex-smoker who thinks about smoking every once in awhile than a smoker who thinks about quitting ALL the time! Nancy I loved this and yes its so true! 

cheryl_1-1-14

Just keep on winning!!  Cry, kick, yell, spit, do whatever you need to do to let your feelings out.  You're doing so well.  Hope your back feels better.

sadiewilliams

Good job!!  I am learning as well how to cope, and you are right about just that one...it can't be just one.  That's what I keep telling myself!!

sadiewilliams

Good job!!  I am learning as well how to cope, and you are right about just that one...it can't be just one.  That's what I keep telling myself!!

Kay64

N.O.P.E. has been my mantra.  Did not realize until I became an EX how important it is to follow through on myself!  One puff=HOOKED again.  Not ME! Not YOU either!

smorgy8513

Congrats!      You are 1 tough cookie!!!!     And that will be a huge plus in your journey!    And you're right....God does forgive us.....we have to know we can forgive ourselves!!!    Stay strong!

Sharon

JRC

Great going Janet! I'm right behind you in days and I'm finding boredom gives me struggles. It's not that there isn't enough to do it's that there is too much of things I don't want to do. But you are so right about "one" smoke.