Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

46 days quit

lisakvh
0 16 24

Hello all,

I couldn't get on for awhile.  The site wouldn't take my password for some reason, but today I tried it and it worked!  I am still quit.  Almost been 2 months.  One person (a smoker) that I told how long I was quit said, "oh, so you're still ripe for failure".  Sheesh.  I know it's true.  Everyday is a new beginning and every night I thank God for keeping me smoke free that day.

Just found out my husband's melanoma has returned, so we are back on the freakin cancer train.  I hate this train. But I will not smoke over it.  I will not smoke over it.  I will not smoke over it. One day/minute at a time.

Peace to all who helped me get started on this journey of freedom from cigarettes.  I thank you.

Lisa

16 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I am so sorry for the news of your husband's cancer return.  Do keep in mind that smoking will not do one thing to make this easier for him - or you!  It will only make you feel WORSE that you have given up the quit you worked so hard to maintain.

Hang 9n there!

Nancy

Storm.3.1.14

You, fellow EXer, are also ripe for SUCCESS, too. And, you have the right to choose it for yourself. How wonderful is that?!

djmurray

Lisa, yo'ure doing great and you're so right to look ahead to what you know is a stressful time and consciously decide that you will not smoke over it.  Stress is a trigger, of course, and when you were on this journey with your husband before you were smoking.  But the cancer train will be easier to ride without the complication of smoking.  

Proud of you!

JonesCarpeDiem

Stick with your quit. You have everything to gain. prayers for your husband and you.

Eric_L.

hang in!

tjanddj

Congratulations on your quit! Sorry to hear about your husband..

Jennifer-Quit

I think many smokers secretly want us to fail at our quits.  lol - so happy to hear that you are doing well with your quit!  I will keep your husband in my prayers.

bonniebee

Congrats to you Lisa ! Yay for us we began this smoke free journey  around the same time yesterday was 2 months for me !  

Being back on the cancer train means more time spent with doctors and possibly in hospitals which will be so mucheasier as a non-smoker .

God Bless You and your husband !

MarilynH

Congratulations on your wonderful 46 day quit and counting WTG and ignore negative people when they say you're ripe for failure because they have no idea what they are talking about. Be proud of yourself, I will send prayers up for you and your husband. 

Marilyn 

Barbara145

Hi Lisa.  So good to hear from you and delighted with your success.  May God bless you and your husband.

lois2

48 days is great, hang in there.

prjimm01

you are an awesome ex!  Hope your husband makes a full recovery, you are in our prayers.

swilson2

Lisa, your off too a great start, prayer's for you and your husband......Sharon

Brenda_M

Oh, gosh, Lisa, I'm so sorry about your husband's melanoma! Smoking isn't going to make it better and will only make it worse! Don't forget that!!!

45 days is very cool!

joyeuxencore

Bless you and your dear husband! Stay close to the site if you can. You are ripe for an awesome quit is what I say!!! Positive thoughts!

gracie21

Dear Lisa, I am praying for you and your hubby.  I am so glad you have set a strong resolve against smoking.  You have done so very good!  Don't think that smoking is an answer to any problem we may have.  I hope you keep us posted and blessings to you.