cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

45 Days

travelingman.rick
0 3 8

Forty five days and counting. Man it has been a wild ride. I realize now that this is a never ending journey, this path that I am on to not smoking. I think once I finally accepted that I am an addict it has made it much easier for me to accept how my addiction to nicotine affected my life.

I am not going to write about how miserable I am because I am not miserable. I am adjusting and adapting. Sure some days it sucks to be a non smoker. I am not going to sugar coat it or make it out like this is the easiest thing I have ever done, it is not. Giving up cigarettes is the single hardest thing I have ever done in my life because I loved them more than just about anything in the world.

All of that said, quitting smoking has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done for myself. I feel so much better. I am finally in control of my life for the first time in nearly three decades. I get up in the morning and I am not rushing to find a lighter or scrambling for the smokes. I don’t miss leaning out of the back door in my den to blow smoke outside when it is freezing cold. I love that I can take a quick walk around the office and have coffee clutches indoors instead of going outside and getting a nicotine fix.

Without a doubt the positive aspects of quitting outweigh the negatives of quitting. My health is improving and day by day it gets incrementally easier. I catch myself driving down the road and feeling the urge for a cigarette. I have however stopped feeling in my pockets for the pack and seeing if I have a lighter. Those old automatics are slowly fading day by day, that part of quitting and I am so thankful for.

We are all in this battle together. Keep fighting your addiction to cigarettes and nicotine and don’t stop quitting.

3 Comments