cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

41 days and the longest crave yet!

onvacation
0 15 38

Not sure what is going on but I've had a 2 day crave that is killing me!  I got through last night by telling myself, if you still feel like this tomorrow you can always smoke.  Well today I got up and still craving.  I told myself, one more day then you can always smoke.  

I remember my last long quit in September I lost my quit of  28 days after a 3 day crave.  I am determined not to lose it now!  

I have a friend at work and her father is in the hospital with lung cancer, heart disease and all sorts of other things.  He was caught in the bathroom in his hospital room smoking.  I just try and visualize how sad that is.  It helped last night and using it again this morning.

Thanks for listening!  I am not going to smoke today!

Happy Friday ya'll!

15 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

you are in no mans land.

be vigilant

laurie37

That was a short beak Kim. 🙂 Glad the visualaztion is helping. Try chewing a clove. It really helped me and still does!

(((HUGS)))

Bonnie11.3.2009

Go to quitsmokingonline.com and take their free course, or re-take it if you've already taken it. It will help you to embrace the thought/memory/desire/crave and let it go.  After so many years of smoking those thoughts and memories will be around for a while.  Annoying, but do-able.  Keep your focus.

eib

One day at a time... keep your focus, and your quit, on!

Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for 41 days and hang on tight to your Quit.  I had the same thing up to 90 days.  It is more than annoying and very scary, but you can come out the other side. 

Thomas3.20.2010

I call this nico demon's last death throes - if you can get throught - and YOU CAN AND WILL then virtually all his energy is sucked out of him and he knows that the romance is over for good! See this as the ultimate challenge - the old boy friend you just can't get rid of - the end of a very long haul because in a week or less you'll be FREE of all this stress of "I want a smoke" vs "I want my quit" in a BIG VICTORY! Just Don't Smoke! Also, seriously visualize what might happen the day after you break your quit. How would you feel? Do you REALLY want to go there? I know you don't and you do have the POWER to DECIDE! It will get MUCH BETTER!

Debi12

Day 38 was one huge all day crave for me (have no idea why,,,, it happened to be Christmas day and maybe that alone was a first time trigger.  I remember almost going out the door to go get a pack and and have "just one" - Something stopped me and made me realize I should hang in there another day.  I wrote a blog like you did and the advice helped me get through one more day.

The mental memories can be the ones that nag at you most.  Remember all the things you hate about smoking and put your focus there.  Be very proud of the 41 days behind you!!   You are doing great!!

One day at a time and not one puff ever!

pir8fan

Of course you will not smoke today! Remember? "We DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE"! That is not shouting! It is just a loud firm voice reminding you that you important! And you matter! We care about what happens to you! Keep your pride working for you! We are proud of you!! Six weeks tomorrow! Hop on the Freedom Train!

sheila49

I know that I am new to the site, and infact I am still working to my quit date, but I have quit in the past.  Infact my last quit was for 8 months, and let me tell you it is so true that we are only one puff away from a pack a day!  Right back to that full pack, and this time it did not take long for my lungs to get that heavy sick feeling in them everytime I smoked.  In past quits it seemed like my lungs stayed healthier for awhile after going back..but not anymore after 8 months of getting them strong and healthy and feeling great with every breath,  it only took a few packs to get them back where they were, you know that suffocating feeling, that heavy horrible feeling.  Don't do it....time flies, it will pass and you will stay a non-smoker!

ninepatch

YOur mind is playing tricks on you.  You are focusing on that one cigarette.  I did this too.  You need to shake those thoughts from you mind.  Everyone has different ways to get their mind directed towards something else.  the important thing is Do NOT give it.  Like Thomas said above, if you can get thru this and be strong with your quit you have almost gotten to the goal line.  Hang in there and I won't smoke today either.  Yes WE CAN!

jawidge

You've got a great quit rolling and I know that you like to work out. have you missed some of your workouts? that should de rail the crave. Hey, do a quick 10 pushups, then you will feel like you just smoked, and be reminded why you dont anymore.  congrats on the 41 days   well worht protecting!!

stephanie4u10

Congratulations on your 41 days!  You have come way too far now to ever turn back.  You deserve to be smoke free and healthy.  Sorry to hear about the recent craving difficulty. I know you can make it through this, you are determined to beat this!  Have a beautiful smoke free day (((HUGS)))

anacondahead

No such thing as a 2 day crave. You are focused on smoking and the past and all of your old behaviors. Change your mind set to the future and how you do things differently know. What is your alternate behavior to smoking? You are romanticizing cigs and forgetting all the BAD things about them. It's all part of the addiction.

Keep your focus.

EllenMT

I'm with Anacondahead.....keep your focus, Distract, Embrace, Laugh, but don't smoke  Not One Puff Ever!

onvacation

Thanks everyone!  You are all right of course and it is not worth losing my quit!

Think it is time to get out my hula hoop!