cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

40 plus

Kinterralynn
0 4 6

I just had hell week.  In my last posting I mentioned something about it.  I thought if I wrote it down, then things would get better because I'm very optimistic that way, ha ha ha....  too bad that didn't work.    My week ended with being rear-ended on my way home from work.  If there were ever a situation in which I would have fallen off the wagon, that would have been it.

I'm not hurt, by the way, just understandably sore.  My dear Taurus suffered only some minor scratches and chipped paint.

I didn't fall!  I didn't even think about smoking until many hours later and it was like a passing thought.  

Next week will be better.  I'm so done being a smoker! 

4 Comments
msweldon

Good for you that you did not smoke.That is a scary situation but it sounds like you had it all under control.I am sorry that you had a bad week. I am glad though that you are strong enough to handle these kind of weeks.I am sure that there will be more because that just the way life goes, however, we can learn how to breathe thru them. I have learned that if I make a big deal out of a situaton, that is when my whole skill is put thru the test. So I now, today, I just try to take life as it comes. Life is like a mountain. If it was not for the ridges in it, we would never have nothing to hold on to in order to get to the top. Instead we would just slide right back to the bottom.

I hope that all this made sense to you. I have been sick for two days. I still am and so I am up at midnight because I have been asleep all day. Anyway, this about you, so keep up that good work and remember to breathe thru the situations.

Thank you for being here for.

Milinda 

emt088

Congratulations! A car accident is most certainly a popular trigger for failure but you overcame it, and kept on truckin, way to go!!! The saying that what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger is also true of smoking. If you were able to beat this last week, then you can beat all the weeks to come! Be proud of yourself, you did good.

dawn4

"I didn't even think of smoking until many hours later...."  HUGE!  AWESOME!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

travelingman.rick

OMG...I missed this post! I am so sorry to hear about your accident but relieved that you didn't give in!