cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 weeks and 11 hours nicotine free.

altenpa1
0 7 90

I haven't visited this page much lately, I am still nicotine free....I am just horrible at these social networling things, in my mind I see the value of coming here for info, tools, strategies....the value i have overlooked is the support and human interaction from others in the same boat as i am. I read someone else say they have broken off a relationship with thier best friend(cigs,,,), I see this site needs to be the replacement for that lost relationship(unfortunaly i have always been slow to make new freinds...).  

interested to find What other sites\apps do people use?

I have found http;//kicksmoking.concepthq.net  to be useful to track what has happened since quitting.....

example:

saved $XXX dollar

did not smoke XXX cigarettes

in one day, circulation improved

taste\smell senses returning

7 Comments
moody_9-18-13

Good job!! Congratulations on the decision you made to quit and that you have gotten through the hardest time!

I agree, the "lost relationship" must be replaced with more healthy things, so get outdoors and walk, take in all the natural beauty of plants and birds. After quitting, I began to pay attention to birds singing that I'd never noticed before. I began to really see my environment and appreciate it more.

I also used www.quitsmokingonline.com as well as www.whyquit.com to learn more about nicotine addiction. Once I realized I was an addict, I understood why our brain just hates to let go of the nicotine. We have to tell those nicotine receptors when they rear their ugly heads and want to be fed, NO, I don't do that anymore!

Come back often, read and comment on other's blogs too, you'll fit right in with all us other quitters!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good job

are you using anything to replace the hand to mouth motions?

sparky26

Congratulations on 4 weeks !  

YoungAtHeart

I will be looking for a link to do the same!!! While I know how many days I have and can figure out the rest, it would be nice to have the automatic count.

Congrats on 4+ weeks!  You will find it will start being easier and easier!

Nancy

Junior7

Congrats on four weeks!

Deena-A-Yenni

Congrats.  I always tell everybody to stay close to this site and read and educate yourself.  I find that jonescarp aka dale's page is very useful for education and during craves or memories.  One day I had to read it twice but got thru the memory.  Also drinking a tall glass of water always helped me.  I hope it does you.

altenpa1

regarding question from jonescarp: "are you using anything to replace the hand to mouth motions?"

this was something that I over came in  earlier attempts to quit..where I tried swithcing to lozenges, so with time the need to keep my hands busy fell off over time. Also I must say that, chantix even though it gives nasty side effects does dramatically reduce cig assocaited desires(( at least for me).

everyday, I understand more, how difficult it is to remain an addict in recovery. there is no magic pill or cure..the solution is between our ears and if that is not right then the deck is stacked against us. For me this is more than just quiting smoking cigs, there are other areas of my life effected by the disease of addiction and learning to manage a smoking addiction is helping to build a foundation of skils for the other areas of life effected by my disease.