cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 Years as an Ex-Smoker

Jono28
5 14 267

As of yesterday it has been 4 since I last took so much as a puff off of a cigarette. 4 years as an Ex-Smoker. That's (according to my tracker) 36,550 cigarettes I would have smoked - that I didn't.

Reading through my blog posts I'm amazed. Not amazed that I made it...I decided on day one that I was never smoking again. One day at a time - sometimes one minute at a time - I committed to no more smoking. What I'm amazed at is that I kept coming back here, to this community to share post after post how much I was struggling. Amazed that I was willing to share that struggle with like minded strangers and that those strangers heard my calls for help and answered. If you're having a hard time, I encourage you to post. Complain. Gripe. Come on here and express your rage at how unfair it is that it's harder for you to quit than for anyone in the history of the entire world. I get it. It felt like that for me too. For a long time. Until it didn't. 

And eventually - can't tell you when - it'll stop being hard for you too. The only way out is through. Just keep going. Quitting smoking sucks. It sucks bad. Do it anyway.

4 years later ... Read my posts. If I can get here, so can anyone. Because as I said, mine was the hardest quit in the history of the world lol

14 Comments
zoer

@Jono28 BIG CONGRATS!!! and thank you for sharing that. Your words resonated with me as I have been feeling like my quit is the hardest in the world and no one else compares to mine lol. 

qsiesue

Congrats!!!!!  I wanna be you..........I only have approximatley 3 and a half years to go!!!

jonimarie

@Jono28 this site and EX community is such a gift to us all

jonimarie_0-1711027183328.png

SuzyQ411

@Jono28 

congratulations. balloons. red white and blue.jpg

~WONDERFUL NEWS~

Barbara145

Sorry to tell you but I am sure of this, Mine was the hardest quit in the world.  It has been 11 years.  I am one grateful old woman.  I am 77.  I run around like a kid.

SuzyQ411
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations @Jono28 on 4 year's smoke free! 

Quiana, EX Team

ReallyReal

Congratulations @Jono28  on 4 years of freedom.  So glad that even though you had the hardest quit ever, you kept going and now are sharing your success with us here at Ex!!!  Yay for you and for every Exer who keeps going forward to freedom!

Metroguy

@Jono28 Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this and congrats! Super inspirational and meaningful to all. 

Barbscloud

@Jono28 Congrats on 4 years of success. Glad you stopped by celebrate your success.

Barb

indingrl

583b56825335fc8cfebb9593de1524c05231f4a4426fbe93f27d3b9aa433c21c.0.png

@Jono28  4 nope years today

WoooooWOOO 

Bastante101

@Jono28 Congratulations on reaching this new milestone! 
When I was quitting, I was so relieved to find your honest and raw account of your quit because it echoed my experience. At the time, what I desperately needed to read was that it was unbearable for others too but that they kept on going. Your posts really struck a chord. Thank you for sharing and helping me and others. I’ll be smoke free for 4 years in October this year.

Jono28

Congrats! Makes me happy to read that!!

biscuit9

Very happy for you and your 4 year quit!  Keep going.....By the way, I had the hardest quit.  Nobody's quit was as hard as mine.  Nobody went through what I went through.  Nobody suffered like I did.  (That's exactly how it felt at the time.  Glad we are all nic free.)