cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 Months, 6 Days, 17 Hours, 12 Minutes

Christine616
2 10 148

Hi ya'll.  I haven't posted in a while so thought I would. My now out-of-nowhere, sudden, every-once-in-a-while smoke urge reminds me that I should get back here.  It's been 4 months, 6 days, 17 hours, and some odd minutes now since I quit.  I'm pretty happy that I'm staying quit for this long, and get a little scared sometimes that I might cave in.  Then I start taking those deep breaths, and tell myself stuff like, "No, that is not what you want!  You like/love yourself too much to go back to THAT.  Then you'll just hate yourself for doing it! Yucky! Stinky! No need for it. You know that if you have just one, later it will be another one, then another..."  Then I distract myself and carry on.  😃

It DOES get easier. And the pangs/urges get further and further apart. I don't recall for sure, but I may have actually had a day here or there go by without thinking of smoking at all!  Excited to see that happening more and more!

10 Comments
sophia-22

Hi Christine I'm so happy that you still don't smoke. You haven't posted in a while so I wasn't sure what happened with you. 

I'm going on six months smoke-free and I'm so happy that I quit and cigarettes are out of my life!! I'm no longer controlled by disgusting smelly weed that slowly kills you.

Again great to hear from you and it's only going to get better and better

gregp136

Great to hear from both of you!  Us rookies (am I still a rookie?) need to hear about ALL the successes!

Thank you

Greg

Jennifer-Quit

Happy that you are still hanging on!  Keep moving forward one day at a time and check in with us more often!  We love to hear from you!

elvan

Congratulations, Christine. So glad you are staying quit, it is wonderful to hear from you!

Ellen

Giulia

Keep choosing wisely, Christine.

Thoughts Huge.jpg

YoungAtHeart

We TOLD you so!

😉

dwwms

Thanks for updating - it's refreshing for us newer quitties (new word) to hear from others that made it through No Mans Land and are still going strong. Congratulations!!

Doug

freeneasy

Good job! Keep stacking the days.

JonesCarpeDiem

I used to sing in large "bars" where 200 people in the audience smoked 5 hours a night. There wasn't much known or discussed about 2nd hand smoke back then.

I'm glad you think you may have had some smoke thought free days.

That's the fuel supply to continue in my opinion.

jbliesmer

Thank you for the reassurance that things will get easier. Some days I wonder if there will be a time when I don't think about smoking. It's good to hear from someone who has been there, blazing the trail.

About the Author
Quit Date: 12.25.2016 40 years smoked Averaged 1.5 packs per day