cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

stAn3
14 22 388

It has been a year since I smoked. My goal is to get another 24 hours smoke free. It was a goal I had to get a year. I haven’t gotten a year in over a decade. But now that I’m here, it is not a huge milestone. I’m still a nicotine addict. I stay smoke free one day at a time. I don’t crave cigarettes much anymore but sometimes I still get the impulse. Having relapsed several times in the past I know complacency is dangerous. I can get a whim to smoke after a long time not smoking. I will give into that whim if I am not vigilant. So, my goal today is one more 24 hours without smoking. I still have some major triggers coming up (moving, new job, school) so I am staying in guard for my disease to tell me to smoke.

Tags (1)
22 Comments
TW517

Good for you!  Love your attitude as well.  Congrats on one year!

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

Jennifer-Quit

That is how we all do it - one day at a time.  Congratulations to you!

JACKIE1-25-15

You are correct. it is a

Thomas3.20.2010

Welcome to the 6% Club! Next Year this time you will be in the 2% Club - Only 2% who make it for 2 Years will statistically relapse. 98% will remain life long EXers!

Congratulations!

Barbscloud

One day at a time is the road to success.   But achieving one year smoke free is still something to celebrate and be proud of.    Big congratulations and welcome to the 6% club.

Image result for celebrating one year smoke free celebration moving pictures

Barb

Giulia

sTan  Welcome to the /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016?sr=search&searchId=51fb4acd-6f16-447b-9...‌  It may not feel like a huge milestone to you, but it sure feels like one to me.  Yes, we're still nicotine addicts, but wow have we come a long way!  You have a MAGNIFICENT quit.  Be proud of it!

1 Year Elder's Badge.jpg

YoungAtHeart

I am so PROUD of you, and you should be proud of you, too!

Congratulations!

(which does come with a warning to be ever vigilant.  At the least, it takes getting past two years of changes in seasons, family dramas, holidays - and anything else you haven't practiced that much - so remain mindful)

SimplySheri

This is exactly why you have 365 days   You are taking care of your quit one day at a time!!  Very happy for you!!!  I hope you feel a sense of pride that you've come this far.  You've overcome a lot.  Yes, there will always be things that come up, but I believe you have a good handle on 'getting through' it without nicotine.  Yay, you!!!!!   

SimplySheri

gregp136

Thank you for reminding us.....each day without nicotine is a win.

maryfreecig

Big hug. Happy 365!!!  Keep it coming.

Strudel

Big congrats on your beautiful quit!! 

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS!  I am so happy for you!

Ellen

TriGirl

success_baby-ba17ff4dc0d86f4a50a5cb9f34ac8b5b.jpg

BAM!! Congratulations!!

Kelly

meWisconsin

Congratulations. "One day at a time" got you to 365 days of freedom. Great job.

Terry

sweetplt

Congratulations stAn3 on a job well done...that is me...always stay vigilant...Have a great celebration ...and good luck on all the new and exciting changes...~ Colleen 240 DOF 

Sandi4

Congratulations and welcome to the 6% club!

beazel

Congratulations on 1 YEAR!

One day at a time......

MistyNoMore

Congratulations! I know what you mean. I've been quit now since 2013 and still they smell good and tempting to me and I know they always will.  However, the difference is now I do not HAVE to have one and before I of course thought I did have to. NOPE. Not One Puff Ever. I don't ever want to HAVE to have one again and I am sure you don't either! Good job!!!

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, Misty!

jrgar1

Yippee! Blow out a candle and have some cake. Moving, new job, school. Count all the wonderful adventures in life you will now have smoke free. Never Quit Quitting! O.D.A.T.

✌ Peace to all,     

JR