cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

36 days.. and counting

ralphh11
1 5 8

Give or take an hour or two - I slept about 10 hours last night. I've actually never gone to bed as early as I did and my wife thought something was wrong. "Oh nothing dear, just feeling like crap". Haha!

Had a headache most of the day yesterday and forced myself to stay at work. Headache all but gone this morning, but even after almost 10 hours sleep, I feel tired and still a bit fluish (not in that stomach bug sort of way, just achy and skin feels sensitive to touch like I have a fever or something). This is crazy! I will NEVER forget this experience as long as I live and will SLAP the next person that judgingly tells me it's all in my mind and that it only takes a few days... especially if they have NEVER smoked. 🙂

This is a nice place to vent and get support... seriously helps me track my symptoms AND progress. I don't mean to sound negative... I'm not a negative person. It just really helps to write it down... 🙂

5 Comments
Dotgirl_1-28-16
Wow 36 days that's great! Keep in mind...this too shall pass
tjanddj

Great job on the 36 days. Glad you were able to get some sleep finally. You don't sound like a negative person at all. May you feel better soon.

MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious 36 days of smoke free living and counting WTG, you are doing super fantastic with your quit, people that have never smoked don't have a clue of how powerful an addiction smoking is but unfortunately we know only too well how hard it is to stop but you are doing it and it will get easier as time goes on . I hope you're not getting the flu bug, have you read jonescarps aka dales page concerning the first 4 months of your quit? - even if you have already maybe you should again. I smoked for 40 yrs and now have 632 days in and counting and in the first few months of my quit I read Dales page many times which helped me through some rough patches. 

ralphh11

Yes... I read it often. 🙂

TerrieQuit

You are doing great Ralph! Congratulations! I hope the achy, flu type symptoms go away soon! Have a great Night!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!