cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

350 Glorious Days

LouiseR
0 19 41

Today marks 350 glorious smoke free days.  I have been reflecting on when my journey started almost 1 year ago and I must say finding this site and the wonderful people has been such a blessing.  I always thought I was "giving"something up in all my other failed attempts and had such a negative attitude about giving up my best friend.  Well was I ever wrong!  Once I found this site and started doing all the suggested reading and let it sink in, and I mean really sink in by reading over and over that I was giving up absolutely nothing but was actually giving myself the best gift ever, the gift of being able to breath, to smell better, and not be controlled by the cancer sticks is when I knew quitting was doable.

It hasn't always been the easiest but it hasn't always been the worst either.  There were good days and bad but that is the same for non smokers too.  I come to this site every day if I can and I don't always blog alot but I do read and try and encourage others as I have been encouraged.

To all my ex family out there, keep coming here and read and blog.  Take what works for you and leave the rest.  Every one's journey is different yet the same as we all want to be non smokers. 

N.O.P.E.!!

19 Comments
smorgy8513

Louise, this could be my blog!    I give a huge piece of why I'm quit to this site and the people I've met and who have helped me.

I'm so glad we're part of the same group!

Love ya Friend........almost to The Door!

Sharon 387 DOF

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Congratulations Louise ~ you are so, so close.... I have to agree with you and Sharon this site is made up of some very unique and wonderful people with a whole lot of compassion and understanding. We, as a group have helped and healed so many over the past year and years before with the elders and I am proud to be part of it.

Keep that great quit going!

Jackie

289 DOF

promise_judy

Congrats on 350 days--Tomorrow is my big day and I plan on holding the door open for all who follow!!!! LOL

XOXO

suzanne41

Congratulations on 350 days!!  Ditto on all the rest.  Finding and joining this site was the best thing ever!!

DebiD

Congrats on 350!

marilyn_marmac

Congrats on 350 Days! Here's to you and all the other EX group members that have became friends and family.  

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO!!!

Stac2

CONGRATULATIONS AND WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

HUGS,

STAC

cookie804

15 days to go and wow wow wow, it has been a year. I am so proud of you and I do agree finding this site is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Without my new family and my God, I would not be smokefree.

Keep up the good work . Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyeuxencore

Beautiful post Louise! I am so excited you are making your 1st year! xo

sparky26

Congrats to you that is awesome ! ! !

froguelady

Congratulations!!!!

Your story sounds like mine, I failed so many times before EX but education from the elders here it why I am smoke free.

johio

Gret Blog and Congrats on 350.....6% is in sight

GreenThumb3

Very nice 

elvan

Congratulations and what a wonderful blog.  You are SO CLOSE to being a 6%er, it's like a graduation!  So proud of you. Hugs, Ellen

lisa11209
Great blog and congratulations on your great quit! There is so much value in ongoing support and maintenance for our quits. Thanks for sharing this, it has helped me today.
linda258

Just so very happy for you. Keep on walking.

Magstoyou

Wa Hoo Louise-so close!!!

Congrats on 350days!!!

Keep going forward!!!

Mag

nnm2359

Wow I admire you! Congratulations and I hope to be where you are and how you feel one day. I already see what this site has done for me. Thank you for the read